What to do with the Kin Race track

Re: What to do with the Kin Race track

Postby TheTruth11 » Jan 21st, 2019, 2:00 pm

I said it before I will say it again. Expand on the services provided there (additional rink/lacrosse floor, indoor soccer field, indoor water park, skateboard park etc.) and improve access in and out of the property (48th Ave. connector). Continued growth to emulate sites in Kelowna and Kamloops would be great to see. Rid our community of old arenas and pools in areas that could be redeveloped as part of an initiative to build affordable housing in Vernon.

They should also get rid of all the old sketchy motels that line Highway 97 and replace them with multi-family housing, but that is a whole other conversation.
TheTruth11

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby dontrump » Jan 21st, 2019, 2:37 pm

saw a comment about the 3 people who vowed to not go to to westbank if they locate there? well add me to that list.I have been a executive member since 1990 and Costco moving to westbank has to be the dumbest thing they have done in their history of business in Canada
Kelowna city council denying them the ability to build across from the airport is equally as stupid ;; the problem in this world is you have groups of people whom are elected to look out for the over all well being of the general BUYING public but instead always seem to rule with thier personal opinions ;; the ex Kelowna city manger is a moron in my opinion

right up there with the morons that caused the 22 million dollar stickle road fiasco
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 671 posts

Postby dirtybiker » Jan 21st, 2019, 10:24 pm

^^^^^ [icon_lol2.gif] ^^^ Check the heading.

:topic:

Any use of the land that is for recreation, In my mind, recreation for the young'uns'
If combined with life skills, even better.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 3365 posts

Postby OKkayak » Jan 21st, 2019, 11:39 pm

dontrump wrote:saw a comment about the 3 people who vowed to not go to to westbank if they locate there? well add me to that list.I have been a executive member since 1990 and Costco moving to westbank has to be the dumbest thing they have done in their history of business in Canada

I'm sure that Costco would love to hear your business plan and I'm sure they'll be slapping themselves in awe :laugh:
dontrump wrote:right up there with the morons that caused the 22 million dollar stickle road fiasco

Money well spent. Intersection is safer and keeps traffic moving. Thats thinking ahead, not just band aiding it with a traffic light that will have to be ripped down the more cars keep travelling up and down 97 :up:
OKkayak
Übergod

Liked in: 1481 posts

Previous

Return to North Okanagan