Vernon is one of the worst places to live in BC...

Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Vernon is one of the worst places to live in BC...

Post by Glacier »

And Fort St. John is the best followed by Whistler.... https://www.moneysense.ca/canadas-best- ... #region-bt
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Vernon is one of the worst places to live in BC...

Post by Catsumi »

My thanks Glacier. Gotta keep Vernon a secret.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I was up in Fort St John late in the winter. They have lots of jobs and there are toys in every driveway, just like Alberta, but there was a winter's worth of dog poop all over the place. Nobody cleans up after their dog. In fact, they just open the front door and hope he does his business on the sidewalk or in the neighbour's yard.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

You couldn't pay me enough to live in Fort St. John. I don't care WHAT the stats say, I'd pick Vernon over Fort St. John any day.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Fort ST John and Vernon are not comparable, people would choose one or the other for completely different reasons. IT's great to live in a province and a country where we have this choice.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Perfect hopefully it will cool down the real estate market here. I was born and raised in Vernon. I worked up in FSJ off and on for 10 years, and would stay for 3-4 months at a time. There is no chance in hell that FSJ is a better place than Vernon. The only thing that FSJ has over Vernon is high paying jobs because of the oil field.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Vernon is a absolute living hell.

Really, it's not. I moved to the Okanagan in 1982 and don't think that I'll ever leave.
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catsumi »

Vernon is for me too.

My next move will be into a pine box, 6 feet long, 18" high. Need that much length to show off b/w glossy tail.
[icon_lol2.gif]
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
crazyjay

Post by crazyjay »

The best part of Vernon is leaving it.
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catsumi »

Like Mark Twain said, step high and fast so it looks like you're leading a parade rather than being run out of town. :biggrin:

PocoGirl

Post by PocoGirl »

bob vernon wrote:Vernon is a absolute living hell.

Really, it's not. I moved to the Okanagan in 1982 and don't think that I'll ever leave.

I think we actually agree on something :130: I moved here in 2006 and no real desire to leave. Love it here for the most part :smt045

Return to “North Okanagan”