Firefighters find puppies!

Re: Firefighters find puppies!

Postby Dcody » Aug 24th, 2018, 7:39 am

They were confronted by the owner that morning when he was on his way to work and they were told to leave those pups. They were gone when the owner got home from work and then made the excuse that they didn't believe they were his pups. Which is straight up bullsh#t. City people in the country is all I see it as. What the hell are they doing anyway except suppose to be packing a pisscan and platzky and monitoring fire perimeter. Not peoples property on their way to work. Which they were probably late for anyhow. I work with these outfits every fire season. They are 90% College students from the city. Good they got a job working on the ground on fires. So that is what their priority should have been.

Hassel99 likes this post.
Dcody

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Dcody » Aug 24th, 2018, 11:07 am

So, how long were they off puppy wrangling off the side of the road on someone's property when they were supposed to be headed to work to cross shift with the night shift? How long did the night shift have to pull their slack because they were so busy not doing the job they were hired to do? Was the night shift coming down off siglet expecting to pass their cross shift, fire left unattended? Pretty sure they didn't pack them dogs to work. They were late to work. I should not have to explain what happens to unattended forest fires. Credit should be given where credit is due. They should be on the job. Get on the radio or phone and notify whom ever if necessary. They were met by the owner right there anyway. This whole thing was good intentions. Yeah, but like said. Some of the worst things imaginable are a result of good intentions. Shall I go back to why were they not at work where they were supposed to be. 20 something miles away up top in the high country and instead screwing around down in the river valley when were supposed to be tending to a forest fire an hr away? If I was their crew chief I would a chewed their *bleep* off. When you are hired to be on site on fires, that's where you have to be. Especially when working fires.. Good intentions from lack of a bit of common sense due to not being familiar with how country life works obviously took priority over their priority.
Dcody

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Ingevan22 » Aug 24th, 2018, 11:54 am

Yup, not the first time a well-meaning person has "rescued" a dog from rural Lumby or Cherryville, only to find out that the dog's rightful owner was not exactly pleased about the "rescue"!

What concerns me, is the "absence of good information", as in, that apparently terrible advice provided by the RCMP to the firefighters, that there were no houses nearby? What was the source of that information (not Google Maps?) Or was that misreported?

Hassel99 likes this post.
Ingevan22

Liked in: 21 posts

Postby dontrump » Aug 24th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Dcody wrote:They were confronted by the owner that morning when he was on his way to work and they were told to leave those pups. They were gone when the owner got home from work and then made the excuse that they didn't believe they were his pups. Which is straight up bullsh#t. City people in the country is all I see it as. What the hell are they doing anyway except suppose to be packing a pisscan and platzky and monitoring fire perimeter. Not peoples property on their way to work. Which they were probably late for anyhow. I work with these outfits every fire season. They are 90% College students from the city. Good they got a job working on the ground on fires. So that is what their priority should have been.

this story is EXTREMELY hard to believe R U saying the dog owner told those firefighters hours earlier that they were his dogs and they took them anyways?? this allegation needs to seriously investigated if its true
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 672 posts

Postby Hassel99 » Aug 24th, 2018, 3:29 pm

dontrump wrote:
this story is EXTREMELY hard to believe R U saying the dog owner told those firefighters hours earlier that they were his dogs and they took them anyways?? this allegation needs to seriously investigated if its true

If you read the original article from Monday, the owner of the dog original said the exact same thing.
Her husband told them to not touch the dogs and they did anyway.

Heidi Lang contacted Castanet to say that the 12-week-old puppies were taken by BC Wildfire Service firefighters, not rescued.

"They were on the side of the road but on our farm," said Lang. "We have 640 acres and the road goes through the farm."

Lang says that the puppies are guardian dog puppies. A Guardian dog is a type of pastoral dog bred for the purpose of protecting livestock from predators.

Lang says the location where the puppies were found was only 500 metres from the house.

Lang claims that a couple of different people spoke with the firefighters, including her husband, and told them the puppies belonged to a farm not far from where the dogs were found
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3142 posts

Postby dle » Aug 24th, 2018, 3:32 pm

this story is EXTREMELY hard to believe R U saying the dog owner told those firefighters hours earlier that they were his dogs and they took them anyways?? this allegation needs to seriously investigated if its true[/quote]

Good grief! They didn't know that guy from Adam. He couldn't prove they were his dogs. It was reported they acted on instructions from the RCMP to take the dogs. They did not know anything about them being guardian farm pups from a house "500 metres"away. They were told by the authorities they contacted there were no houses close by they could have come from and that was the reason the RCMP told them to take the dogs. Give these guys a break. All's well that ends well. Re-writing history so that this innocent action had sinister overtones sounds completely moronic.

These people were not on their way to work a fire - by the sounds of the story I read, they had finished their shift and were going "home", heading from the firefight so whoever is trying to also make it sound like they were shirking their duties better re-check the story.

That woman that owns the dogs knew who, how, and why they picked up the dogs. She knew they were safe and she would get them back. She knew, from the story, that the RCMP were involved. She made a bloody mountain out of a molehill - instead of thanking them for "saving" the dogs even though they didn't need saving at the time - an honest mistake - she chose to vilify them publically and raise a giant stink and it seems several other posters have joined in that mob mentality.

2 people like this post.
dle
Übergod

Liked in: 1748 posts

Postby dontrump » Aug 26th, 2018, 2:58 pm

all BS in my opinion and does not make any sense at all(story above) except they were on their way home from work, there is no cop alive(with any brains) that would have given these people the authority over a phone to take the dogs
and she did not make a mountain out of a mole hill and they did not save her dogs at all;; LOL where did u dream that one up?
The dogs were never in any danger and most certainly the cop should have never ever told the firefighter to take the dogs
and if the FF were so concerned why not find out more information like ask the guy who he is where the dogs live etc etc
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby April lady » Aug 27th, 2018, 10:40 am

What a bunch of whining for nothing, the beautiful puppies were safe and sound!!!!

Thank you to the AWESOME Fire Fighters who thought they were doing the correct act of kindness, I would have done exactly the same thing! Some people are so ungrateful, it just astounds me! Why didn't you invite these amazing fire fighters to have a beer and have a good laugh about the event!

Geez take a chill pill !!!!

2 people like this post.
April lady

Liked in: 16 posts

Postby dontrump » Aug 27th, 2018, 5:29 pm

April lady wrote:What a bunch of whining for nothing, the beautiful puppies were safe and sound!!!!

Thank you to the AWESOME Fire Fighters who thought they were doing the correct act of kindness, I would have done exactly the same thing! Some people are so ungrateful, it just astounds me! Why didn't you invite these amazing fire fighters to have a beer and have a good laugh about the event!

amazing? You do realize these people apply for these jobs and get free paid training and get paid decent money to fight fire

its not as if they take time off from their job and volunteer to fight forest fires like the old day !!!
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Always Sunny » Aug 27th, 2018, 8:49 pm

dontrump wrote:
April lady wrote:What a bunch of whining for nothing, the beautiful puppies were safe and sound!!!!

amazing? You do realize these people apply for these jobs and get free paid training and get paid decent money to fight fire

its not as if they take time off from their job and volunteer to fight forest fires like the old day !!!

“Free paid training” for a job where you pay $250 and spend two eight hour days (unpaid) taking the S100 course for the privilege of being able to apply for the job. Add in the required pre-fit testing cost to apply for a limited number of positions with a relatively low turnover rate. Time and money invested into the chance at one of those jobs.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1227 posts

Previous

Return to North Okanagan