Slaughterhouse screams

Re: Slaughterhouse screams

Postby annexi » Oct 7th, 2018, 9:10 am

OKkayak wrote:
annexi wrote:They at the very least deserve a decent life and a humane death.

What is considered a humane death and if that is then used to kill the animals, will the protesters cease?

A humane death is one where there is no fear, no pain, no suffering. Like a perfect shot on a deer that drops it in place; it doesn't have time to know what is happening to it. If one must eat meat, at least reduce harm and do it humanely.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.

Lore likes this post.
annexi
Fledgling

Liked in: 105 posts

Postby annexi » Oct 7th, 2018, 9:12 am

Fancy wrote:
annexi wrote:Pigs are like other mammals who vocalize in response to what's in their environment.
Just curious if you've ever been around pigs. Ever tried to catch one? Or pick up one?

Yes my uncle had a pig farm when I was young. Pigs don't like being touched or approached by humans, clearly.
Worst frickin cacophony listening to them penned chock a block in their tiny dirty dark stalls row upon row.
annexi
Fledgling

Postby annexi » Oct 7th, 2018, 9:16 am

OKkayak wrote:What is considered a humane death and if that is then used to kill the animals, will the protesters cease?

I don't know. I imagine some protestors would stop protesting if factory farming became more humane.
annexi
Fledgling

Postby Jflem1983 » Oct 7th, 2018, 9:20 am

It is too bad the slaughterhouse does not have market for protester meat. Maybe then these freaks would shut up .

So tired of nutcases having the power. BC is paralyzed by protesting freaks. Tired of it. Hope one of em chokes on a pickle
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3276 posts

Postby GordonH » Oct 7th, 2018, 9:22 am

annexi wrote:They at the very least deserve a decent life and a humane death.

OKkayak wrote:What is considered a humane death and if that is then used to kill the animals, will the protesters cease?

annexi wrote:A humane death is one where there is no fear, no pain, no suffering. Like a perfect shot on a deer that drops it in place; it doesn't have time to know what is happening to it. If one must eat meat, at least reduce harm and do it humanely.

So based on latest post:
Slaughterhouses need to leave the animals out in a field & have a sniper on staff with a silencer, so the noise from gunshot does not scare any of the other animals.

Unfortunately I don't think that will ever happen, since it would slow down production.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9083 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Lore » Oct 7th, 2018, 12:48 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:It is too bad the slaughterhouse does not have market for protester meat. Maybe then these freaks would shut up .

So tired of nutcases having the power. BC is paralyzed by protesting freaks. Tired of it. Hope one of em chokes on a pickle

Unreal attitude you got there.
The protesters are people (not freaks or nutcases) who have a different
opinion than you.Their opinion is neither right or wrong to anyone but themselves.
That is what they believe in so it is right for them.
They are just trying to open people's eyes to what really happens at factory farms
as many people are not aware and may choose differently if they knew.
If you want to protest the protesters go for it.

Jmfva likes this post.
Lore
Übergod

Liked in: 345 posts

Postby tegaan1 » Oct 7th, 2018, 7:42 pm

I raise pigs. My pigs like me, they are not scared of me. When you pick them up as babies they squeal, but if you hold them with their feet touching something some of them stop. My breeder pigs lay down for belly rubs and want me to scratch their backs. The only time they make a lot of noise is when they think I am too slow making thier feed.....I am always too slow :) pigs don’t hate humans. I also do not keep them in a too small pen or on concrete in a building or up to their arm pits in filth.
tegaan1

Liked in: 11 posts

Postby Jmfva » Oct 9th, 2018, 9:26 am

alanjh595 wrote:
Jmfva wrote:I agree,
the detachment from where any meat product comes from is amazing. It should be mandatory that everyone as meat eaters spend some time on a farm and actually kill, clean and butcher an animal in their lifetime (Humans these days are way too ignorant about the realities of life). I also say support local farmers who take the time to respect the animal and provide a quick death, they make the best products.

I have done all of those things for my pork, beef, and poultry. I have never been turned off or given a second thought to my meat products.

Good Job,

never said you had to be turned off or to give second thought, just that everyone should experience it to know where their food comes from.

it's a good thing you have experienced that. :up:
Jmfva
Übergod

Liked in: 1260 posts

Postby Jmfva » Oct 9th, 2018, 9:27 am

tegaan1 wrote:I raise pigs. My pigs like me, they are not scared of me. When you pick them up as babies they squeal, but if you hold them with their feet touching something some of them stop. My breeder pigs lay down for belly rubs and want me to scratch their backs. The only time they make a lot of noise is when they think I am too slow making thier feed.....I am always too slow :) pigs don’t hate humans. I also do not keep them in a too small pen or on concrete in a building or up to their arm pits in filth.

you sound like a good farmer,

not everyone is.
Jmfva
Übergod

Liked in: 1260 posts

Postby vinnied » Oct 21st, 2018, 10:02 pm

759dVglWw.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dirtybiker likes this post.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1177 posts

Previous

Return to North Okanagan