Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby Chyren » Nov 30th, 2018, 8:39 am

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.4926596

Weird how their defense is that they should not have been video recorded?
Chyren
Board Meister
 
Posts: 469
Likes: 40 posts
Liked in: 415 posts
Joined: Dec 30th, 2016, 9:45 pm

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby bob vernon » Nov 30th, 2018, 9:37 am

They're unionized employees aren't they?
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2735
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 1572 posts
Joined: Oct 27th, 2008, 10:37 am

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby outtawind » Nov 30th, 2018, 10:30 am

This is amazing... these two have painted themselves as the victims!....

they have all of BC to have sex, they choose the bosses desk at their place of work. Couple of yo-yo's do not deserve our public money for their salary.

3 people like this post.
outtawind
 
Posts: 19
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 21 posts
Joined: Jul 17th, 2017, 8:17 am

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby Glacier » Nov 30th, 2018, 11:40 am

What the heck are they doing in the bosses office? Maybe if you didn't want to be recorded you should have gone home to have sex. I would have canned their asses too.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29946
Likes: 5074 posts
Liked in: 12756 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby dontrump » Nov 30th, 2018, 11:56 am

outtawind wrote:This is amazing... these two have painted themselves as the victims!....

they have all of BC to have sex, they choose the bosses desk at their place of work. Couple of yo-yo's do not deserve our public money for their salary.


agree 100% just do not need AH the likes of these two as fire fighters in Vernon
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2258
Likes: 516 posts
Liked in: 739 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 11:39 am

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby kelownaobserver » Nov 30th, 2018, 12:15 pm

I’m sure this firehall is no different than a lot of other firehalls Including volunteer halls. Heroes. Truly heroes.

2 people like this post.
kelownaobserver
 
Posts: 66
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 36 posts
Joined: Jul 13th, 2006, 2:46 pm

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby whallzee » Nov 30th, 2018, 12:21 pm

WOW, talk about screwing yourself out of a job. Makes me wonder what else goes on at the station.

2 people like this post.
whallzee
 
Posts: 2
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 5 posts
Joined: May 21st, 2013, 8:31 am

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby TreeGuy » Nov 30th, 2018, 12:27 pm

whallzee wrote:WOW, talk about screwing yourself out of a job. Makes me wonder what else goes on at the station.


I wondered why the chief felt the need to have a camera in his office. He says he was worried about people looking in his filing cabinet, but don't those lock? Doesn't his office door lock? And shouldn't you trust your employees enough not to go through your stuff? I can't help but wonder if he knew something was going on and planted the camera and left his door unlocked.

Because_They_Lie likes this post.
User avatar
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3432
Likes: 1994 posts
Liked in: 3652 posts
Joined: Oct 9th, 2005, 10:02 pm
Location: Westbank

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby oneh2obabe » Nov 30th, 2018, 12:30 pm

TreeGuy wrote:I wondered why the chief felt the need to have a camera in his office. He says he was worried about people looking in his filing cabinet, but don't those lock? Doesn't his office door lock? And shouldn't you trust your employees enough not to go through your stuff? I can't help but wonder if he knew something was going on and planted the camera and left his door unlocked.

From the article ... Regardless, it all allegedly fed into Lind's thinking when he found his office filing cabinet unlocked in the spring of 2017.

"He testified his heart skipped a beat because this had never happened before," Dorsey writes.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
 
Posts: 63621
Likes: 1058 posts
Liked in: 7815 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 9:19 am

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby dontrump » Nov 30th, 2018, 12:31 pm

One thing I know about the Vernon fire hall is there the most underworked and over paid people in Vernon BC
want to retire at age 25 join the Vernon Fire department

obtunded likes this post.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2258
Likes: 516 posts
Liked in: 739 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 11:39 am

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby gman313 » Nov 30th, 2018, 12:31 pm

you can video tape staff but they must be aware of it and you must have good reason so it is defensible in court. You cannot randomly tape and you can't do it secretly.

I expect we should see this on pornhub shortly. just takes one leaker
gman313
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3297
Likes: 1529 posts
Liked in: 1769 posts
Joined: Sep 15th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby soupy » Nov 30th, 2018, 12:35 pm

TreeGuy wrote:
whallzee wrote:WOW, talk about screwing yourself out of a job. Makes me wonder what else goes on at the station.


I wondered why the chief felt the need to have a camera in his office. He says he was worried about people looking in his filing cabinet, but don't those lock? Doesn't his office door lock? And shouldn't you trust your employees enough not to go through your stuff? I can't help but wonder if he knew something was going on and planted the camera and left his door unlocked.


Obviously that trust was broken at this hall.
The CanLii document the Castanet article links to has much better explanation of the events.

Hope they remain fired. Inexcusable actions.
soupy
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 866
Likes: 1691 posts
Liked in: 816 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby GordonH » Nov 30th, 2018, 12:59 pm

TreeGuy wrote:I wondered why the chief felt the need to have a camera in his office. He says he was worried about people looking in his filing cabinet, but don't those lock? Doesn't his office door lock? And shouldn't you trust your employees enough not to go through your stuff? I can't help but wonder if he knew something was going on and planted the camera and left his door unlocked.


I'm sure somewhere on youtube there is how to pick locks which anyone can learn. Chief had a backup in a video camera. Of course the chief wasn't expecting to catch what was captured on video.
In most any other job those 2 would be fired, since they are most likely in a union & just have to threaten to sue over wrongful dismissal.
I wouldn't be surprised if they get to keep their jobs.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 23521
Likes: 2857 posts
Liked in: 9083 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby johnrae » Nov 30th, 2018, 1:04 pm

So was it two firemen having sex, or a fireman and a firewoman ?
johnrae
Fledgling
 
Posts: 169
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 192 posts
Joined: Sep 2nd, 2014, 12:30 pm

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Postby Glacier » Nov 30th, 2018, 1:11 pm

johnrae wrote:So was it two firemen having sex, or a fireman and a firewoman ?

man and woman. If it were two dudes they would have used the "homophobia" card.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”

Because_They_Lie likes this post.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29946
Likes: 5074 posts
Liked in: 12756 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Next

Return to North Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest