Meeting Regarding Homeless Problem

Mark5
Board Meister

Re: Meeting Regarding Homeless Problem

Post by Mark5 »

Simply declare them as refugees and Trudeau will put them up in a hotel at our expense. He is putting other "irregular" refugees up in places like the Raddison hotel in Toronto. There will be millions more coming ashore so what is a few extras?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Because_They_Lie wrote:
While you may be correct that the will of each individual is paramount to any sort of change, you show your ignorance with your statement that no one is responsible for causing this problem except the homeless people, this is simply a factually untrue statement. before sharing your opinion do some active learning and gain some real knowledge otherwise you are only furthering the problem within our society.

Bahahah No ignorance here just the truth.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

many on here can not handle the truth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
AaronMoon

Post by AaronMoon »

best thing to do I talk to one of the workers at one of the shelters. they see and know exactly whats happening. cuz none of us really know. Some homeless are greateful for the help, and some are complete *bleep*holes and act like spoiled *bleep*heads. and treat the workers like garbage. but I agree with the zero tolerance with booze and drugs.. the reason they are there is because of the clinics. Some arnt there to get help.. they are there to get free gov drugs. and free food. and free lodging and free clothes and a wake up call when its time to eat. and don't forget free laundry. which some use but most just toss their free clothing after use and go get more. basically abusing the system just like their habits. but hey who am I to say anything right. you don't see a hug homeless population in lake country.. and also I don't see a methadone clinic either. Have a swell day everyone.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Awesome plan. Let's get rid of all methadone clinics and turn the addicts over to the dealers to service. A sure fire cure for societie's problems.

In all of the threads and in all the discussions of homelessness and drug abuse in our society, I don't recall ever hearing anyone actually identify a cause of these problems. We won't solve a problem until we know what the cause is. We'll just keep running around in circles and blaming "them" and crying NIMBY.
tykrz

Post by tykrz »

If all the “do gooders” truly cared about the homeless they’d open up their homes and take one or two in instead of playing lip service to the problem. There’s always a spare room, even if it’s just the basement utility room.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

tykrz wrote:If all the “do gooders” truly cared about the homeless they’d open up their homes and take one or two in instead of playing lip service to the problem. There’s always a spare room, even if it’s just the basement utility room.

exactly, :up: .....
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:Awesome plan. Let's get rid of all methadone clinics and turn the addicts over to the dealers to service. A sure fire cure for societie's problems.

In all of the threads and in all the discussions of homelessness and drug abuse in our society, I don't recall ever hearing anyone actually identify a cause of these problems. We won't solve a problem until we know what the cause is. We'll just keep running around in circles and blaming "them" and crying NIMBY.

there is no cause and as long as all u liberals are allowed to make policy and work in the courts and welfare services etc there

will never come change we need to address the situation not feed it like all you liberals do
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Let's stop feeding the problem then. Next winter let's shut the door on the homeless when it's minus 20. It would kill them off. Sounds like the modern Christian response to a problem.

If it's only bleeding heart, leftis, liberals who are feeding the problem, then why didn't Steve Harper gesture with a hand and solve the problem when he was PM? And just what is the problem that needs solving?
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

The reason the homeless problem won't be solved is because it would cost money to have detox & rehab centers, so why bother ? It's much easier to put all homeless into shelters regardless of their actual problems & talk about the wonderful job that's being done ?
It's now a Big Business / Big Money operation which our Federal & Provincial Governments pay for so BC Housing, JHS & our cities compound the problem by building shelters that allow alcohol & illegal drug use daily & no one that wants to recover & become addiction free stands much of a chance of ever achieving that ?
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

If it's going to be the way of life, let's quit complaining about it and just live with it. If nothing can be done about homelessness, let's just chill out. Maybe even try some of the drugs they're using. No problem. Let's just be happy.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

bob vernon wrote:If it's going to be the way of life, let's quit complaining about it and just live with it. If nothing can be done about homelessness, let's just chill out. Maybe even try some of the drugs they're using. No problem. Let's just be happy.

Yup. Chill and let nature take its true course. Stupid should hurt and for a very good reason.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
LyricalOne

Post by LyricalOne »

The issues are beyond what any "one" person can do.

Having worked in social sector most of my adult life, I can tell you that I believe that everyone has a right to their perspectives because they have likely been affected by addiction or mental health directly or indirectly. At this juncture, I have given up hope in many ways because we keep pouring on more resources to deal with social issues and we are not getting any stronger or healthier. And if we take away what is there, the effects will be felt by everyone (again, in one way or another).

I am aware that addicts are using Naloxone based resuscitations as badges of honor "How many times have you come back?" The higher the number, the more kudos received. This is a travesty and counter productive in so many ways. Yes, I know there are successes with this treatment but at a street level...I am not so sure anymore.

My empathy is very minimal these days (not because I don't care about the value of a human life but because I can not value your life more than YOU value your own life) and I honestly wonder (here is the dark side of my humor) what the impact of having an overdose prevention site or Safe Injection site located at a crematorium would be...would that smarten people up? I do agree with Bob...the services are there IF people want to make an effort to clean up..if they finally see that they are the only ones who can make that choice.

In closing, I do not think many of them have a desire to change or maybe, they see no point in changing...it's simply too much effort. I do feel we need to stop providing naloxone to the street entrenched...it is not helping at all... And maybe consider scaring the hell out of them by having them use their drugs etc. at a crematorium .....let them really see where choosing this life (and yes, it is a choice folks) is going to have them end up.

And now we wait for the criticisms.... :up:
Last edited by LyricalOne on Apr 2nd, 2019, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy."
"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly"[/b]
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

good honest post :up:
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

no criticism from me.. nicely written, and on point

Return to “North Okanagan”