Waste of Money for Lake Country Signs

damama55
Übergod

Waste of Money for Lake Country Signs

Post by damama55 »

I am really disappointed with the new Lake Country signs. They destroyed the granite signs they had before, that were paid for, and, to me, were so nice. The signs they put up look like billboards!! There are roads that need repair and to me, the money the council okay-ed for the signs could have gone to important road repairs. Anyone that drives in Lake Country will vouch for that.
What do you all think?
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Waste of Money for Lake Country Signs

Post by Even Steven »

I'm ok with them.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

I love them. They're very interesting they're very unique and they show class and they actually have some color to them. I guess it just goes to prove you can't please everybody all the time even on the simple things. We now have a world-class attraction in our backyard. I think a nicer sign was in order as well. And if you're wondering what I'm talking about it's the rail trail that's going to be worldwide known soon.. everybody knows the beauty of Canada and everybody knows the beauty of b c and a lot of people know about the beauty of the Okanagan but now Lake Country has a safe level bike trail almost completely encompassing a lake with Incredible views.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

damama55 wrote:I am really disappointed with the new Lake Country signs. They destroyed the granite signs they had before, that were paid for, and, to me, were so nice. The signs they put up look like billboards!! There are roads that need repair and to me, the money the council okay-ed for the signs could have gone to important road repairs. Anyone that drives in Lake Country will vouch for that.
What do you all think?
I'm just curious where you heard the other signs were made of granite.when I saw them being built I thought they looked like they were being built with wood and then a stucco type mixture. If that's the case they looked as cheap as they were
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I believe the original signs were made of concrete. The new ones look upbeat and will be visible at night.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

I didn't care for the old ones. They were easy to miss, didn't stand out and hard to read.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

I didn't mind the old signs. I also don't mind the new signs.

I do think they could have done a couple of things better with the new signs:
- Lighting is poor. When lit at night, part of the wording is not visible due to shadows cast. A couple more lights shining from above (current ones shine from below) would resolve this.
- The concrete base the signs sit on is ugly and no surprise it's a nice smooth surface in a highly visible location - perfect for graffiti. They should stucco the base or use some plants to hide it or something similar.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Thank you for all of the opinions. I didn't understand why, if the words were hard to read at night, why they couldn't have been painted with reflective paint, or better lighting put on them. I had understood the other signs were made of granite, perhaps I was misinformed. I do appreciate the opinions expressed, but I myself liked the old signs better.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There was an article in the Daily Courier that stated the signs were made of concrete.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
NachoManRandySalad

Post by NachoManRandySalad »

The old signs were made of wood and stucco. Concrete was poured in the footings for structural purposes only.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I like the new signs. I always thought the old signs looked like headstones.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Return to “North Okanagan”