Listen to your taxpayers

Listen to your taxpayers

Postby tabubil » Feb 8th, 2019, 2:48 pm

On Wednesday there was held another meeting on the homeless and crime in downtown Vernon.
But again we the public were not invited as were many of business owners. Even by only having those that they wanted they could not come to an agreement about anything. Now if they cannot come to an agreement with a selected group then maybe start inviting the public and listening to us, we do have good ideas.
They even hired a professional mediator at $1500.00 of our tax money, they are happy to spend our money but not ask us for our input.
These politicians all talk about transparency, openness, listening to the public, but none of them seem to want to step up and actually do it.
I think it is time that all levels of government become more open and listen better to what the electorate have to say.
Feel free to speak your mind on this, it is obvious that this is also happening in Kelowna.

2 people like this post.
tabubil

Liked in: 9 posts

Re: Listen to your taxpayers

Postby Iamme » Feb 8th, 2019, 7:19 pm

I completely agree. Vernon has been my home since 2006. This great place has gone down the drain in the last three years due to the the addictions and homelessness issues imho. Ya Lefties bring it on to beat me up. I work in healthcare and what has spiraled out of control in the last three years is the Methadone Clinic, the rampant illicit drug use in every public area, the allowance of drug users doing whatever they want, wherever they want and let’s not mention the feces, condoms, needles etc Oh and I will mention that drugs are being tested for Fentanyl for both addicts and dealers. Yes. The Dealers! Wth?? Arrest the dirtbags!! This isn’t an IH ‘program, but they knowingly rent to those that provide the service. I’m just about ready to contact the media with this info. It’s complete bs and Vernon is being taken over and not a desirable place to live anymore. Ps I hear there is talk about an Injection Site in the downtown core. It’ll probably happen is my guess. Ready to leave Vernon soon because there is no end in sight. Signed Done.

kevcol99 likes this post.
Iamme

Liked in: 1 post

Postby dontrump » Feb 9th, 2019, 11:49 am

Iamme wrote:I completely agree. Vernon has been my home since 2006. This great place has gone down the drain in the last three years due to the the addictions and homelessness issues imho. Ya Lefties bring it on to beat me up. I work in healthcare and what has spiraled out of control in the last three years is the Methadone Clinic, the rampant illicit drug use in every public area, the allowance of drug users doing whatever they want, wherever they want and let’s not mention the feces, condoms, needles etc Oh and I will mention that drugs are being tested for Fentanyl for both addicts and dealers. Yes. The Dealers! Wth?? Arrest the dirtbags!! This isn’t an IH ‘program, but they knowingly rent to those that provide the service. I’m just about ready to contact the media with this info. It’s complete bs and Vernon is being taken over and not a desirable place to live anymore. Ps I hear there is talk about an Injection Site in the downtown core. It’ll probably happen is my guess. Ready to leave Vernon soon because there is no end in sight. Signed Done.

yes your quite correct and its the liberals that ruin the world and they are the main problem here also I dont think vernon is quit as bad as U alude to here as I have lived here for 55 years and have seen it all;; The bleeding heart liberals pandering to all the duggie scum bags just leads to more of them but their (liberals) not smart enough to see this and therefore nothing changes or gets any better
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 672 posts

Postby bob vernon » Feb 9th, 2019, 12:02 pm

Where are ya going to move to? Every city has this issue. Kelowna, Penticton, Kamloops. Prince George. Williams Lake even has gangs dealing drugs and girls. Calgary? They're in the news all the time for the usual. Homelessness and the drug issue isn't a local thing that the Vernon council can clean up.

Arrest the dealers? It hasn't worked. There will always be somebody who will move into the vacuum and start dealing. Maybe the death penalty for dealing fentanyl and carfentanyl.
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1351 posts

Postby buckland » Feb 9th, 2019, 2:35 pm

yes your quite correct and its the liberals that ruin the world and they are the main problem here also I dont think vernon is quit as bad as U alude to here as I have lived here for 55 years and have seen it all;; The bleeding heart liberals pandering to all the duggie scum bags just leads to more of them but their (liberals) not smart enough to see this and therefore nothing changes or gets any better

What have the right wing conservatives done to solve this problem, that you can tell us about? After all, They were in power since Christ was a cowboy federally and provincially in this part of BC. Do you yourself have a legal personal solution to this problem you would like to share with the rest of us?
buckland

Liked in: 23 posts

Postby dontrump » Feb 9th, 2019, 3:33 pm

buckland wrote:

What have the right wing conservatives done to solve this problem, that you can tell us about? After all, They were in power since Christ was a cowboy federally and provincially in this part of BC. Do you yourself have a legal personal solution to this problem you would like to share with the rest of us?

your missing the point ;;its the bleeding heart liberals that give them welfare, free drugs and injection sites and oh don't be violating their civil rights and oh by the way please show up for your court date on our catch and release program yada yada

Build a damn detention center and put everyone of the homeless thieving druggies, pimps, prostitutes no good s in there and throw away the key till they get clean and become something ;; cost money for sure but somethings got to happen as doing what is being done does not work as we can all clearly see hugging and kissing and saying I love you don't mean :swear: and all this bull :swear: about rights and all that :swear: is just crazy liberal propaganda
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 672 posts

Postby tabubil » Feb 9th, 2019, 3:46 pm

You are all missing the point and that is that our elected councils are not asking for our thoughts and ideas on problems and solutions that concern our city. They are instead relying on the business, specialty groups to give them solutions, and their solutions are only concerned with the bottom line or to get them more business.
We have to email all the councils members and mayor and tell them that as their employers (taxpayers) we must have input and taken seriously on matters that concern us.
tabubil

Liked in: 9 posts

Return to North Okanagan