Lumby medicinal marijuana

nitnat

Lumby medicinal marijuana

Post by nitnat »

Being handed over to the ALC is the kiss of death.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/25 ... ing-to-ALC
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Lumby medicinal marijuana

Post by bob vernon »

If the ALC is like it was for all the Campbell and Christy Clark years, all you need to do is ask a few people "how much".

Lumby council and the regional district handing this over to the ALC allows council to avoid taking the political hit for the approval. That will go to the faceless ALC. There will be outrage by the rural folks in Lumby, but council can just say "sorry, it wasn't us."
mnprochnau
Banned

Pot plant going ALC

Post by mnprochnau »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#250958

It is really to bad that big money is in on the newest wave to hit the shores of Canada. Legalized pot. Outright blatant lies to maneuver pot out of the dirt and onto concrete. This fool actually compares a greenhouse on agricultural land to his acres of concrete for an inside grow show. The only reason he says medical cant be grown outside is because you only get one crop a year outside as compared to an industrial operation where hundreds of pounds a week year round are normal This person Kevin Acton is speaking to us as you would a child.
Kevin Acton is a con man. When one considers the carbon footprint generated by thousands of high pressure sodium and metal halide lights to continuously produce medical on a yearly basis one would realize the trade off is well there just is no positive here. Unless your Kevin Acton and your main interest is profit. Let this one have his way and he will poison the planet to make a buck.
I for one will never by pot because now that we can all grow it that is just what I'm doing and I encourage everyone to join in. Never pay a dime for pot never give a dime to the corporate shills.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Pot plant going ALC

Post by voice of reason »

so what exactly seems to be the problem here?
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Already being discussed in the North Okanagan forums.

https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=81340

*I've merged them. Thanks! ferri
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

mnprochnau wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-250958-2-.htm#250958

It is really to bad that big money is in on the newest wave to hit the shores of Canada. Legalized pot. Outright blatant lies to maneuver pot out of the dirt and onto concrete. This fool actually compares a greenhouse on agricultural land to his acres of concrete for an inside grow show. The only reason he says medical cant be grown outside is because you only get one crop a year outside as compared to an industrial operation where hundreds of pounds a week year round are normal This person Kevin Acton is speaking to us as you would a child.
Kevin Acton is a con man. When one considers the carbon footprint generated by thousands of high pressure sodium and metal halide lights to continuously produce medical on a yearly basis one would realize the trade off is well there just is no positive here. Unless your Kevin Acton and your main interest is profit. Let this one have his way and he will poison the planet to make a buck.
I for one will never by pot because now that we can all grow it that is just what I'm doing and I encourage everyone to join in. Never pay a dime for pot never give a dime to the corporate shills.

I agree with the ALR change that won't allow an enormous slab of cement to be laid over agriculture land. Totally destroys the land for any future agriculture use. There actually are ways to have a pot greenhouse that is not sitting on a slab of cement, just wasn't in Acton's plans. There was a lot of grumblings when the ALR change was first made in July but most of those have died down. Thinking someone didn't do their due diligence, or thinks he can force the issue to his benefit.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

Edited because of Castanet blocking links to other new sites.
A little clarification here.

Kevin Acton is NOT the owner of this project.
It is a company from Ontario named Green Amber

Kevin Acton is the chair for RDNO and Mayor of Lumby.

I would suggest you read these articles for further correct information.

This one from when the Green Amber owner made a presentation

https://www.vernonmorningstar.com/opinion/letter-clarifying-the-lumby-cannabis-dispute/

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 8th, 2019, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link and article from site that is not allowed.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Progress in a community the size of Lumby has never been a popular topic....ahem prison?

The fact that the community clearly has a council now that is forward looking and bringing jobs to Lumby is just that, their job.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

mnprochnau wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-250958-2-.htm#250958

I think you have the mayor Kevin mixed up with other people do u not ?
Purchasing Services

Post by Purchasing Services »

Chyren wrote:Progress in a community the size of Lumby has never been a popular topic....ahem prison?

The fact that the community clearly has a council now that is forward looking and bringing jobs to Lumby is just that, their job.

those jobs may be closer to Lumby if industrial zone is being used. Placing this in ALR limits taxes paid to a bare minimum and this is the reason why Green Amber wants to be on ALR. Greed!
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Purchasing Services wrote:
Chyren wrote:Progress in a community the size of Lumby has never been a popular topic....ahem prison?

those jobs may be closer to Lumby if industrial zone is being used. Placing this in ALR limits taxes paid to a bare minimum and this is the reason why Green Amber wants to be on ALR. Greed!

Explain exactly how this is greed? Do YOU like to pay taxes or do you look every year for credits and other ways to save more money for your family?

Its a big stretch to say just because a company looks for tax breaks means greed.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Its certainly not a given they will receive farm status tax wise ; I would find it hard to believe that they would receive such

Return to “North Okanagan”