Rage over horse riding

tykrz

Re: Rage over horse riding

Post by tykrz »

Riding a horse, motorcycle or a bicycle on Bella Vista Rd or pretty well anywhere on a Vernon street with a sense of entitlement is just asking for bodily harm as when a car or truck happens to hit you, you’re always on the losing end. Doesn’t matter who’s in the right or wrong. Funny how most of the above people have zero common sense when it comes to that.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

tykrz wrote:Riding a horse, motorcycle or a bicycle on Bella Vista Rd or pretty well anywhere on a Vernon street with a sense of entitlement is just asking for bodily harm as when a car or truck happens to hit you, you’re always on the losing end. Doesn’t matter who’s in the right or wrong. Funny how most of the above people have zero common sense when it comes to that.

agreed 99% of the injuries are self induced
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Sige wrote:
Even Steven wrote:Dog owners seem to be fairly diligent in picking up their waste....

:laugh: :laugh:

Well, I rarely see dog crap where I walk in the evening. But I do see giant piles of horse manure fairly often.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

All the dog poop is probably under the horse poop LMAO.
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

Do you really think the horse wants you on his back and riding him for your own personnel enjoyment. :biggrin:
Theother

Post by Theother »

at least horse crap is useful. If people really have an issue with someone on a horse. Go live in Vancouver. But hey people do complain about the way the sky isn't the exact blue they want. Have a great day everyone! :130:
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

Some people really cant handle sarcasm and good old fashion fun, :130:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

These horse-riders should be traveling in same direction as traffic & should be single file.
(This is the same problem as cyclists who ride 2+ (or more) abreast.)

A driver will come around a curve & someone is going to get serious injured or worse killed (won't be the driver).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Are those horses licenced ?

I consider them to be for off-road purposes much like a dirt bike.

Not legal for on road use.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Horse droppings useful in gardens, compost bins, it's recyclable and a gift to those who grow greenery.

Dog turdlings....what use? Kills plants, stinks, infected with who knows what?

Horses are welcome down my street at any time, but advise them not to defy traffic.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Leifer wrote:
Isn't that the truth.
I know a couple of people in the ridding community who will ride right into traffic (if it pleases them) and jam up a busy roadway in order to make a point that they have every right to do so.
Tires screeching, horns blaring, and people swerving into oncoming lanes....good times. :135:

Luckily these folks are in the vast minority. But they are out there.
Everyone needs to just relax a little and not see everything as a challenge to their rights as riders/drivers.

You will live longer.

http://www.hcbc.ca/index.php/trailsrec/ ... -the-road/

HERE is some good reading, hope you pass it onto your friends!! Never assume you have the right of way.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

FACT VS FICTION
“Horses have the right-of-way over cars.”
FALSE!
The law that stated such has long since been repealed. In B.C., anyone who uses a public road is considered a “road user”, so the days of ultimate right-of-way are gone!
“I have every bit as much right to be on that road as those cars do!”
TRUE!
…but every road user has a specific set of responsibilities to ensure their own safety and that of other road users. Being able to properly control their horse is the principal responsibility of every rider.
“Horses cannot be controlled as well as cars can, so cars should be made to yield to horses”
RESPONSIBILITY LIES WITH BOTH RIDER & MOTORIST!
Riders have every bit as much responsibility to control their horses as drivers are required to control their vehicles. Good manners and manageability under saddle are imperative for any horse, but those lessons become critical whenever we expose our equine friends to greater risks such as those likely to be encountered on the road.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

This is something I've never understood.

You have a horse, with a horse if you can ride why would you wish to ride on pavement? If I had a horse, I'd go trail riding, out in the bush. Peace and tranquility.

Let's face it you don't board your horse in the middle of a City, so find a grid road, travel on it to where there is bush trails and enjoy the time.

Most people who do not have horses, don't care if you have a horse. It's like owning a boat and racing into a bay where people are camping on the water. Would you race into a camp ground?

Enjoy your own space on your horse and go poop in the bush so you don't end up being hit by a vehicle.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Sometimes to get to the trails you have to use the roads.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.

Return to “North Okanagan”