Vandalized Washrooms

manager_in_vernon

Vandalized Washrooms

Post by manager_in_vernon »

It was only a matter of time before this happened and guess who has to pay the bill, the citizens of Vernon! Yeah us!! NOT! This latest incident just shows that the "band-aid" solution that city council has decided to fork over $275,000 for two new 24 hours bathrooms is nothing but a waste of money! When is the city going to STOP catering to the lowlifes who continue to destroy property and anything else they want! The citizens of Vernon will continuously be paying for the scumbags to do as they see fit with no consequences!

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#255314

I am so glad I am leaving this :cuss: hole of a town in a couple months! The time can't go fast enough!
Last edited by ferri on May 2nd, 2019, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
Theother

Re: Vandalized Washrooms

Post by Theother »

as crappy as that is and the entire thing. it happened in every city in every town. big citys, small towns. jerks will be jerks. I hear ya thou.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

City spends $275k on a washroom for homeless.

City spends $20 million on a new ice rink and
City spends $45 million on a new cultural centre.
City spends $12 million on a new sports field

I don't agree with spending that much on a washroom. but to say the city is catering to "homeless" is just stupid and factually incorrect.

Goodbye, best of luck in Calgary. LOL
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

People need a place to pee.
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

Maybe the facilities should be movable, skid-mounted units, move them where needed as camps move, with one spare on the side under repair available to swap out as needed.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

manager_in_vernon wrote:It was only a matter of time before this happened and guess who has to pay the bill, the citizens of Vernon! Yeah us!! NOT! This latest incident just shows that the "band-aid" solution that city council has decided to fork over $275,000 for two new 24 hours bathrooms is nothing but a waste of money! When is the city going to STOP catering to the lowlifes who continue to destroy property and anything else they want! The citizens of Vernon will continuously be paying for the scumbags to do as they see fit with no consequences!

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#255314

I am so glad I am leaving this :cuss: hole of a town in a couple months! The time can't go fast enough!

For all of us.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

In London they make you pay to use the washroom... they should do that here too.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote:In London they make you pay to use the washroom... they should do that here too.

They will just continue to defecate in the street.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

Unfortunately part of Vernon's problem is the population's closed-mindedness. If you don't recognize the problem, and don't take proactive steps to solve it, you're stuck in the same spot. The new proposed bathrooms while expensive, would cost less to run in the long run, and help keep the city cleaner, therefore attracting business and taxes. A more vibrant downtown also "returns" the downtown back to the people.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Brushy Bill wrote:Maybe the facilities should be movable, skid-mounted units, move them where needed as camps move, with one spare on the side under repair available to swap out as needed.

That’s an easy solution - and a lot could be done for $275K:

1DA6FE79-490F-4CE0-B079-94D0EB5089AC.jpeg
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Every few days there's another story about the mess that downtown has become. The City's town hall meeting should be really entertaining. Rant away.
And if they closed the washrooms and stopped "catering to the lowlifes" the homeless would just go back to peeing and taking a poop in doorways downtown. As far as leaving town in a couple of months, unless you move to a very small town, you'll find the same downtown problems in most cities. All of them have these issues.
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

WalterWhite wrote:
Brushy Bill wrote:Maybe the facilities should be movable, skid-mounted units, move them where needed as camps move, with one spare on the side under repair available to swap out as needed.

That’s an easy solution - and a lot could be done for $275K:

1DA6FE79-490F-4CE0-B079-94D0EB5089AC.jpeg
No really very civilized, we are supposed to be more caring and provide ambience and heat, all part of the enabling process
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Far better to stop "enabling" the addicts. And let the dealers continue to get away again and again. Seriously, the real criminals are the dealers and yet we do little to stop them doing their business. But we rant and rage at the addicts who are really the victims in this movie.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

bob vernon wrote:Far better to stop "enabling" the addicts. And let the dealers continue to get away again and again. Seriously, the real criminals are the dealers and yet we do little to stop them doing their business. But we rant and rage at the addicts who are really the victims in this movie.

I totally agree with you. The addicts are victims, the dealers are the criminals. The drugs are the weapons.

Go after the criminals and their weapons.
Bring back the LIKE button.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Hassel99 wrote:City spends $275k on a washroom for homeless.

City spends $20 million on a new ice rink and
City spends $45 million on a new cultural centre.
City spends $12 million on a new sports field

I don't agree with spending that much on a washroom. but to say the city is catering to "homeless" is just stupid and factually incorrect.

Goodbye, best of luck in Calgary. LOL

no in fact it is factually correct If I ran things 77 million would not have been spent on the above because as always private companys can and will supply and build structures a lot cheaper than the city of Vernon comes up with
(example) IF people in Vernon knew what a terrible cost it was to build the Kal tire and then add on a short few years later compared to building the whole structure at once you would puke ;;
However back to subject this $275000 and remember PLUS Installation more $$$$$$ is a ridiculous ideal
Put 5-6 portables in a certain area and have Farrer, fermco and Norval all bid on a yearly contract to service and repair as required ;;

Return to “North Okanagan”