Rig rolls over in Grindrod.....

dle
Lord of the Board

Rig rolls over in Grindrod.....

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/25 ... n-Grindrod

Hope this driver is ok and no one else was injured......no word yet that I can see on the cause.....one thing for sure - it wasn't ice road conditions, inclement weather, or poor visibility so I hope they tell us what happened. So fortunate no other car was involved.....

I have been duly chastized for my typo....it is Grindrod, not Grinrod :up:
Last edited by dle on May 3rd, 2019, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Rig rolls over in Grindrod.....

Post by Fancy »

There is a curve there.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Fancy wrote:There is a curve there.

:up: ...those damn curves in the road! Must have been surveyed by a snake!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

The 3 corners leading up to bridge heading north (other side of the bridge from curve in the picture)... 2 are damn close to 90 degrees & 3rd one pretty close.

Anyone ever heading to sicamous via around mara lake should remember these 3 corners.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

GordonH wrote:

The 3 corners leading up to bridge heading north (other side of the bridge from curve in the picture)... 2 are damn close to 90 degrees & 3rd one pretty close.

Anyone ever heading to sicamous via around mara lake should remember these 3 corners.

Yes, those are wicked corners but if I remember correctly there is proper signage. It's not like they appear out of the blue without warning. It's just that those warnings are sometimes taken as "off the cuff suggestions" by some drivers and they choose to underestimate the seriousness of the corners. Next thing you know, oops.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:The 3 corners leading up to bridge heading north (other side of the bridge from curve in the picture)... 2 are damn close to 90 degrees & 3rd one pretty close.

dle wrote:Yes, those are wicked corners but if I remember correctly there is proper signage. It's not like they appear out of the blue without warning. It's just that those warnings are sometimes taken as "off the cuff suggestions" by some drivers and they choose to underestimate the seriousness of the corners. Next thing you know, oops.

Signage is in place, similar to majority of motor vehicle crashes this one is human error.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Driving too fast or distracted driving.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Have seen no less that 5 trucks rolled there in the last 6-7 years.....and thats not driving by very often.
canuck500
Fledgling

Post by canuck500 »

Went to school in Grindrod in the 70's, rigs used to roll on that curve by the railroad tracks frequently, it's not a new problem by any means,
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

canuck500 wrote:Went to school in Grindrod in the 70's, rigs used to roll on that curve by the railroad tracks frequently, it's not a new problem by any means,

Looking at the picture I don't believe it's one of corners on west side of shuswap river, looks more like on east side somewhere near the former esso station/garage.
canuck500
Fledgling

Post by canuck500 »

I guess I didn't make the context clear, I wasn't referring to the site of the picture, I was just commenting that the corner at the railroad tracks was a frequent location of semi roll overs.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

canuck500 wrote:I guess I didn't make the context clear, I wasn't referring to the site of the picture, I was just commenting that the corner at the railroad tracks was a frequent location of semi roll overs.

That corner for me never made sense how many crashes happened, there is all kinds of signage. Clearly drivers just were not paying any attention.

Return to “North Okanagan”