Motorcycle accident

Theother

Motorcycle accident

Post by Theother »

I drove by this yesterday and wow. it is baaad. but has anyone noticed the ol bud beer can on the flat deck truck in the pic. but nothing in the storey?
bikebeer.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Motorcycle accident

Post by TylerM4 »

It's pretty apparent that this picture was not taken at the scene of the accident. Appears to be at the tow yard. There's no way that the can of beer would have stayed in that location during transportation from the scene to the yard.

You're looking for drama where there isn't any. :130:
Theother

Post by Theother »

not looking for drama i can care less about it. I just find it kinda weird that they would post a photo about an accident with a can of beer.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

I agree..posting the mangled bike pic with a beer can in sight is extremely in poor taste...would have been pretty easy to crop it out..
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

I don't think there's anything wrong with the picture. If there's any problem, its society making something out of nothing to the point where it becomes a discussion point.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

a picture says a thousand words..and it's giving the impression that alcohol was involved...he doesn't need judgment or speculations (and you know that happens when it hits any type of social media) when he's fighting for his life and his Family sees this...a simple crop before being posted would have been better...
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

W105 wrote:I agree..posting the mangled bike pic with a beer can in sight is extremely in poor taste...would have been pretty easy to crop it out..

Extremely Poor taste? You really believe that? I could think of so many things that would be so much worse. What do those become? "Extremely Extremely poor taste"?

Why do we need to be so hyper sensitive about a can of beer being in a picture? It's not like it's a focal point of the pic - I didn't even notice it until I saw this thread. Nobody has implied that the crash was alcohol related and the story itself makes it clear that the SUV was at fault not the cyclist. Seriously - what has the wold come to when we have to blur out random alcohol containers in a picture?

I stick to my original statement - you guys are trying to make drama where there is none. It's just a can of beer and a normal person will interpret this picture as such. We've already established that it's easy to tell the picture isn't from the scene of the crash. Trying to make some sort of an argument that the picture implies that alcohol was involved in this accident is beyond a "stretch" and certainly wouldn't imply poor judgement on the reporters behalf. Perhaps if it was a 1/2 dozen scattered empties, but a single can - c'mon!
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

well I noticed it immediately..and yes I believe it's in extremely poor taste and has no reason to be in the pic, especially when cropping it out would have been pretty simple..
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kgcayenne »

I noticed that on the story's page the image is cropped, but the Castanet main page image still has the beer can. Clearly, looking at the background with garage doors, the shot was not taken at the accident, and most people fail to consider items of distraction when snapping away with their mobile.

OP is bored today?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

kgcayenne wrote:Was this shot taken at the tow yard?

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but it certainly looks that way. It's definitely not taken from where the accident occurred.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

oh no not a beer can! say it isn't so, what will the children think, they should all be fired for such an insensitive act
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Why do we need to be so hyper sensitive about a can of beer being in a picture?

Why? Because the piece is about a traffic accident and the inference with the can being there, whether intentional or not, is that alcohol may have been involved.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kgcayenne »

Now I am curious about if it's common practice at that tow yard to be drinking alcohol on the job considering the, you know, driving of tow trucks and other large machinery used to move damaged vehicles. Shouldn't a tow yard have some kind of standard when dealing with evidence? I mean, a vehicle owner isn't even allowed to retrieve personal belongings from a vehicle unless they are supervised by tow yard staff in case they tamper with something. How much supervision can there actually be after the third brewski?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My first thought was whoever took the photo put his can of beer down to take the photo.
Hafa adai
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

kgcayenne wrote:Now I am curious about if it's common practice at that tow yard to be drinking alcohol on the job considering the, you know, driving of tow trucks and other large machinery used to move damaged vehicles. Shouldn't a tow yard have some kind of standard when dealing with evidence? I mean, a vehicle owner isn't even allowed to retrieve personal belongings from a vehicle unless they are supervised by tow yard staff in case they tamper with something. How much supervision can there actually be after the third brewski?

who says they were drinking on the job its not unusual for people to have a cold one at the shop at the of the day. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 19th, 2019, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bait removed

Return to “North Okanagan”