A Place To Call Home

Gixxer
Lord of the Board

A Place To Call Home

Post by Gixxer »

Well it looks like a success story. Stop playing the victim card get a job, start contributing to society and paying taxes like the rest of us.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/26 ... ome#267531

https://www.facebook.com/Vernon-Entrenc ... 114940089/
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: A Place To Call Home

Post by 1791 »

Yes agreed. That man looks fit. He could likely pick up work on a construction crew. I bet he could find a decent job rather fast.
Just needs to get out and look for the job. Heck the way things are these days. Might even find someone desperate for a hand. Willing to pick him up and drop him off.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

That fb page is horrible. Calls for free housing and free drugs. YHGTBKM
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Yes. Its the poor me society owes me entitlement culture.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

but they have no problem stealing 24/7 for there next high, what a bunch of useless junkies
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Theother

Post by Theother »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/268375/Threats-at-homeless-camp-force-removal-of-portable-toilets#268375

yup ,so much, don't call us bad people.. yaaa .. about that.. gimmie gimmie gimmie
soupy
Übergod

Post by soupy »

I'd be curious to see the state of those rooms after a given time.

Are residents required to keep them clean and free of damage to have the privilege of housing?
Would be interesting to have another follow up story with the couple in a few months about their new jobs ...
Sparki55
Lord of the Board

Post by Sparki55 »

soupy wrote:Are residents required to keep them clean and free of damage to have the privilege of housing?

Woah, careful there! Housing is a basic human right. Don't be taking away their right to free stuff!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

soupy wrote:I'd be curious to see the state of those rooms after a given time.

Are residents required to keep them clean and free of damage to have the privilege of housing?
Would be interesting to have another follow up story with the couple in a few months about their new jobs ...

no way in hell that would make the news it would be against there human rights
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

I think when the article first came out and it shows two decent looking people down on their luck now being given a free apartment is disingenuous because there are a lot of real bad *bleep* people out there that there also letting in there and I bet the place looks like a bomb zone in 6 months
Ken7
Guru

Post by Ken7 »

Medicine Hat has a program, does anyone know anyone in the Hat. I'd like to know the truth, did it work or it is a feel good story. Are some of the AB people now a Kelowna / Vernon issue?

Sadly, if there was say 300 people on the street there. Will say 100 signed up, the others would likely now be recorded and could be there or left the City as they keep moving them around.

If you know, let us hear about it. Kelowna's problem seems to be growing!

Return to “North Okanagan”