Election

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Election

Post by bob vernon »

At last week's all-candidate's forum, our current MP made the same statement, and committed the same error, that Donald Trump did when he was elected. He said that being elected was "an honor". It's not an honor. It's a responsibility. A responsibility to do what is right for our nation. Not to distract the electorate and not to be some automatic vote when the ruling class wants another tax cut for the wealthy.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:At last week's all-candidate's forum, our current MP made the same statement, and committed the same error, that Donald Trump did when he was elected. He said that being elected was "an honor". It's not an honor. It's a responsibility. A responsibility to do what is right for our nation. Not to distract the electorate and not to be some automatic vote when the ruling class wants another tax cut for the wealthy.

Disagree and the term honor is a genuine reflection of the mans feelings ;; the ruling class does not and has never asked for a tax cut for the wealthy
DetectivePikachu
Board Meister

Post by DetectivePikachu »

bob vernon wrote:At last week's all-candidate's forum, our current MP made the same statement, and committed the same error, that Donald Trump did when he was elected. He said that being elected was "an honor". It's not an honor. It's a responsibility. A responsibility to do what is right for our nation. Not to distract the electorate and not to be some automatic vote when the ruling class wants another tax cut for the wealthy.

Disagree.

Its very much an honor to be the one tasked with that responsibility.

Its weird that you think Honor and Responsibility are mutually exclusive.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Mel spent his term in Ottawa doing just what? Putting forth a backbencher motion to make tampering with firefighting equipment illegal. It already was illegal to do that. And schmoozing in the Parliament buffet. And still denying climate change. And of course we re-elected him. All an honor. Not much in the way of a constructive contribution by citizen Mel.
tabubil
Fledgling

Post by tabubil »

Its very much an honor to be the one tasked with that responsibility.

Its weird that you think Honor and Responsibility are mutually exclusive.[/quote]
I think you missed the meaning look at responsibility - responsible is what you are when elected to those that elected you.
You achieve honor when you have completed you job and are recognized for what you have achieved just getting elected is not an honor.

We have shown in this election that some parties are becoming like Trump supporters in the states and this mus stop. I think it is time to look at how our country is run.
First of the elected representatives must be free to vote how the majority of those that elected them, not as the few people in control of a party dictate, to way it is now. You vote as your party tells you or you are kicked out.
I think that parties should be limited to have less advertising on TV and paper and more local input and discussions, so all can come a freely ask and get answers to what they think is important.
If we do not change our attitudes towards how we try and get votes we will be going down a very slippery, one way slope that we will not be able to come back from,
I for one has spent way too many years defending my right to freedom of speech and to have the freedom to elect and have serve those that I want in Ottawa.
Now let the fun begin
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

I think in Canada we all secretly voted for trump and somehow we got Hillary LOL
Ken7
Guru

Post by Ken7 »

gordon_as wrote:Make no mistake. The local candidate is not there to listen to you or support you. They are there to tow the official party line. They will vote NO on bills that they know are good for their constituents , and they will vote YES on bills that they know are bad for the folks who put them in a position of power. Vote for the party that will do the least damage. Sad that it has come to this.

This is so true. We had a very good friend who was in Civic politics. He graduated to Federal politics. He asked us street cops about gun registry, years back. When he objected to the parties direction, he was back benched and all of his privileges were removed.

It was the end of his political career. Which to me is sad, I think a MP should be bringing back the thoughts and wishes of those who elected them. I do not think what the leader feels is what all Canadians want or need. We need a change in how our country is ran and how our tax dollars are spent.
Troutslayer

Post by Troutslayer »

FIXED via liberal monetary influence /*bleep* policy///600 million to every media site .....sad to say including Castanet 650 million goes along way promoting your BS brand
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

So I heard the words heavy turnout.... well I call bs on that one. Turnout came at 65.95% of voters actually got off their :cuss: and voted, impo that is pitiful amount.

impo anything under 75% is disgraceful
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

well obviously it was a full 100% turn out for idiots based on the number of MP given to the liberals and the Quebec partys
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

dontrump wrote:well obviously it was a full 100% turn out for *bleep* based on the number of MP given to the liberals and the Quebec partys

Darn right. We deserve to have more seats than them. It's just common sense.

Return to “North Okanagan”