Vernon tax increases

User avatar
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14241
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by OKkayak »

vegas1500 wrote:Spec tax is going up....why not every other tax. Funny how some love one tax, and not the other.

I don't love any tax :biggrin:
bob vernon
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4124
Joined: Oct 27th, 2008, 10:37 am

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by bob vernon »

But we love our services. And our pensions. And Medicare.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2622
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 10:39 am

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:But we love our services. And our pensions. And Medicare.



house taxes don't pay for pensions or your medical
bob vernon
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4124
Joined: Oct 27th, 2008, 10:37 am

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by bob vernon »

He said ANY taxes. And some of those do cover pensions and Medicare. Our pension contributions during our working years do not cover our pensions. At a point, our pension withdrawls become an unfunded liability and taxation covers that. Some people constantly whine about being taxed, as if that money disappears. It's just redistributed and in Canada, we have a pretty good deal. There is no reason to complain about any taxes, given the society we've built with those taxes.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2622
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 10:39 am

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:He said ANY taxes. And some of those do cover pensions and Medicare. Our pension contributions during our working years do not cover our pensions. At a point, our pension withdrawls become an unfunded liability and taxation covers that. Some people constantly whine about being taxed, as if that money disappears. It's just redistributed and in Canada, we have a pretty good deal. There is no reason to complain about any taxes, given the society we've built with those taxes.


the topic was house (property taxes) I will always complain about taxes especially federal income tax and municipal taxes
When one looks at the huge amount of personal income tax that goes towards foreign aid and the refugee programs to name but two of several waste of tax money all the while we see so much needed funding for the actual in Canada systems its really sick :swear: :swear: :swear:
bob vernon
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4124
Joined: Oct 27th, 2008, 10:37 am

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by bob vernon »

In the entire history of mankind, we have far more anybody ever has. Yet we still want more. And refuse to help those in this world who have nothing. True Christian values? Nah. Just naked greed by spoiled boomers.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2622
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 10:39 am

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:In the entire history of mankind, we have far more anybody ever has. Yet we still want more. And refuse to help those in this world who have nothing. True Christian values? Nah. Just naked greed by spoiled boomers.


I always say if your into working hard your whole life(what I have done) and want to help some foreigner fly at it BUT don't be using my forced income tax payments for said purposes; Iam here to have a good life for me and my family ;; its not my duty to save the world or pay for other peoples misfortunes ;; Trudeau and his followers are really a scourge of which I want no part of
bob vernon
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4124
Joined: Oct 27th, 2008, 10:37 am

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by bob vernon »

Merry Christmas, Mr. Scrooge.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2622
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 10:39 am

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:Merry Christmas, Mr. Scrooge.


sorry Bob its not that at all I see so many things that need doing in Canada and SB PM Trudeau sending BILIONS in foreign aid
while so many here go without and so many underfunded amenity's its hard to believe that a single person voted liberal :130:
I never signed on to work my whole life and do without stuff so some other country would benefit and never will
User avatar
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14177
Joined: May 24th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by Catsumi »

:topic:
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
bob vernon
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4124
Joined: Oct 27th, 2008, 10:37 am

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by bob vernon »

If we want services, we must pay taxes.

Bah! Humbug.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2622
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 10:39 am

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:If we want services, we must pay taxes.

Bah! Humbug.

correct to a certain degree and I don't mind paying taxes to run the city and have a reasonable police force available etc but when u get into multi facility ice arenas and running tracks that hardly get used , tennis courts,baseball diamonds and on and on and on its time for total user pay system and less tax burden on tax payers 100% of property rate payers end up paying for what about 40% of the people ever use
I have been in the rec center like maybe 4 times in my life( built in 1967 area) I have been to kal tire center twice I have never been in the library etc.Every thing I do(did) snow and water ski , snowmobile, gun shooting etc etc I have to pay for because that what I choose
so to me people that skate should pay, people that play hockey should pay ,people that swim should pay, people that read should pay why is it the first thing citys do when one of them decide they want more facility's is totally expect the masses to fund it through property taxes on them all the time :swear: :swear:
bob vernon
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4124
Joined: Oct 27th, 2008, 10:37 am

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by bob vernon »

I feel guilt and shame using the highways and roads. Taxes on gasoline pay for those roads and my electric car gets a free ride. But on the other hand, I've never been to City Hall, the police station or the fire hall, yet I'm forced to pay for them.

This system where the entire community pays for things in our city is just so socialistic.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2622
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 10:39 am

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:I feel guilt and shame using the highways and roads. Taxes on gasoline pay for those roads and my electric car gets a free ride. But on the other hand, I've never been to City Hall, the police station or the fire hall, yet I'm forced to pay for them.

This system where the entire community pays for things in our city is just so socialistic.


wait and see I guarantee when and if the electric car has a more meaning full presence you will see a tax on these ridiculous cars also city hall and police stations are ridiculous comparisons to swimming pools and hockey rinks
DetectivePikachu
Board Meister
Posts: 396
Joined: Jun 8th, 2019, 7:35 am

Re: Vernon tax increases

Post by DetectivePikachu »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Dec 23rd, 2019, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal

Return to “North Okanagan”