Re: A Real Life Saver

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Reference:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/27 ... man-s-life

Congratulations to Ewen Pitt for taking action that resulted in the rescue of a 73 year old man in medical distress. The story didn't mention that Ewen completed an exemplary career of public service as an RCMP officer. A stellar individual who's actions come as no surprise to anyone who knows him.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Treblehook wrote:Reference:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/27 ... man-s-life

Congratulations to Ewen Pitt for taking action that resulted in the rescue of a 73 year old man in medical distress. The story didn't mention that Ewen completed an exemplary career of public service as an RCMP officer. A stellar individual who's actions come as no surprise to anyone who knows him.

Not to take anything away from the person who received the medal because they did a smart thing and call the RCMP when he was worried about someone but really come on is this what we give metal away for now.? This exact situation probably happens in every numerous times every day. A neighbour or acquaintance hasn't heard from someone in a while so they call the RCMP to look into it. Good on the gentleman for doing the right thing but we're really dumbing-down Society in my opinion. It's like when they started to give out ribbons for everybody that participated in the race when you were in elementary school. Everybody wins. Well actually they don't when you start doing that. If you look into any of the research that is done, giving adulations to everybody and not just the people who deserve it does not help the ones who are getting it for just participating. But it makes everybody feel good though right huh and I guess that's all that matters LOL
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Commo_sense_guy: You are absolutely right.. my comment/post on the story was only intended to say that the man being recognized had spent a lifetime in service to his communities. The motivation for making it a media story is unknown to me..perhaps someone wanted to send out the message that actions such as taken by Mr. Pitt are important and valued.

Return to “North Okanagan”