Pot Puffers end School Dance

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Pot Puffers end School Dance

Post by Treblehook »

What in the world was the school administration thinking? Having a school dance while the Covid-19 threat was already a real thing on March 11? Good thinking people.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Pot Puffers end School Dance

Post by TylerM4 »

Treblehook wrote:What in the world was the school administration thinking? Having a school dance while the Covid-19 threat was already a real thing on March 11? Good thinking people.

March 11th was 9 days ago. I know 9 days doesn't seem like a lot, but things have evolved rapidly since then.

Let's look at COVID in the headlines on March 11th. Here's a very relevant story to reference: https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/27 ... over-virus

This snippet is fairly revealing of the current state of affairs at the time:
Canada, meanwhile, has seen very limited domestic transmission of the virus, and event planners say it's largely business as usual until that changes.

Still, concert promoters, major sports leagues and festival organizers say they are watching carefully to decide whether they should bring crowds of people together to share the same space.
DetectivePikachu
Board Meister

Post by DetectivePikachu »

Treblehook wrote:What in the world was the school administration thinking? Having a school dance while the Covid-19 threat was already a real thing on March 11? Good thinking people.

There was no self isolation request on March 11th.

Maybe temper your outrage while looking back with the full privilege of hindsight.
tykrz

Post by tykrz »

Things are going to go very badly for BC with this mentality. Way behind the rest of the country. Still no emergency declared in Kelowna. Time to wake up, but probably too late now.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Social distancing while dancing = dancing alone on very big dance floor
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com

Return to “North Okanagan”