Social distancing at landfill

common_sense_guy
Übergod

Social distancing at landfill

Post by common_sense_guy »

The article written says many people at the Vernon landfill are not practicing social distancing. I'm sorry but I find this incredibly hard to believe as the nature of the dump is not a place people would socialize before covid-19 anyway. So they're essentially saying people are getting to the dump site and getting out of their vehicles and walking towards other people to have a *bleep* chat. I don't buy that for one second and I think the story is nothing but fear-mongering and scare tactics written by the Castanet reporter.

I am there almost once a week and have yet to see anybody come within three metres of anybody else. Granted I'm only in there for 20 to 30 minutes at a time while lined up waiting to get weighed or actually dumping my garbage. Either that or the staff are talking out of their butt and just saying that to hopefully cut down on the amount of people that come through in a day. Either way I do not believe for one second what they are implying in the story that people are getting out and walking to other people to have a talk and not practicing social distancing as they say.

Can anybody else that has used the dump confirm if they witnessed anybody not practicing social distancing at the dump. I'd love to hear your story if so

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/29 ... -landfills
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Social distancing at landfill

Post by dontrump »

common_sense_guy wrote:The article written says many people at the Vernon landfill are not practicing social distancing. I'm sorry but I find this incredibly hard to believe as the nature of the dump is not a place people would socialize before covid-19 anyway. So they're essentially saying people are getting to the dump site and getting out of their vehicles and walking towards other people to have a *bleep* chat. I don't buy that for one second and I think the story is nothing but fear-mongering and scare tactics written by the Castanet reporter.

I am there almost once a week and have yet to see anybody come within three metres of anybody else. Granted I'm only in there for 20 to 30 minutes at a time while lined up waiting to get weighed or actually dumping my garbage. Either that or the staff are talking out of their butt and just saying that to hopefully cut down on the amount of people that come through in a day. Either way I do not believe for one second what they are implying in the story that people are getting out and walking to other people to have a talk and not practicing social distancing as they say.

Can anybody else that has used the dump confirm if they witnessed anybody not practicing social distancing at the dump. I'd love to hear your story if so

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/29 ... -landfills

cant say I disagree with your opinion I been there a hundred times and like u say most people are 10-20 feet apart
the only worker I see spying on customers to make sure you dump in the correct areas is usually 30 feet away ;add the fact that it never seems like busy ?? the person u pay is in the booth, so I agree this whole dump deal is all BS for sure
SexySadie

Post by SexySadie »

Agreed totally! Call them on it people. We’re home cleaning our yards keeping busy. Push back. When something doesn’t make sense then you don’t just accept it.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

SexySadie wrote:Agreed totally! Call them on it people. We’re home cleaning our yards keeping busy. Push back. When something doesn’t make sense then you don’t just accept it.

Actually when I first read the story I did call them on it. And the reporter did get back to me and said I'm just replying the facts that the dump gave him.. I said that's fine but I said I asked for an exact name of who at the dump said many people weren't taking it seriously and putting their lives at risk and he has not got back to me on that. I suggest you do the same thing. Ask him who at the dump told him that. I'm tired of spinning stories and being inaccurate for the sake of fear-mongering and scare tactics. Any news source should only report news and be able to back up their reports
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.

Return to “North Okanagan”