Boating closure by Coldstream

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Boating closure by Coldstream

Post by dontrump »

going for a solo drive and going out on the water in a boat solo or snowmobiling etc is about 100% less risk than going shopping or liquor store or home depot etc

what iam saying in my opinion is yes be aware yes keep your distance yes stay clean wear a mask if around others
etc etc don't socialize for now etc I get it but going to places I listed above by yourself or your wife is as safe as it gets so I dont see why people should not do these things at all
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dontrump wrote:I believe its correct ( no known CV cases in Vernon area) If u have proof its not please post and I was not really referencing parks just question closing boat launches

Check the other threads you have posted on. Yes, there have been cases in Vernon.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
blackapple

Post by blackapple »

Coldstream applied to Lands to do site work and build a new dock to bc lands under
Crown Land File: #3413398. Still do not have permission to do the work, says their application for the work is still pending.

https://comment.nrs.gov.bc.ca/applicati ... 15#details
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The closure of some parks and trails allows some people to come on here and play the victim card. It's a powerful card to play because it means someone has possibly hurt the victim, even in some minor way.

Go out on the lake in your kayak and distance yourself from other boaters and quit whining. The boat launch in closed which will mean the lake will be free of many big motorized boats. It'll be great out there. Get some fresh air and sunshine which will help you get through all this.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

bob vernon wrote:Go out on the lake in your kayak and distance yourself from other boaters and quit whining.

Asking where to put a kayak in is hardly whining.
dv7834

Post by dv7834 »

Fancy wrote:
bob vernon wrote:Go out on the lake in your kayak and distance yourself from other boaters and quit whining.

Asking where to put a kayak in is hardly whining.

Thanks for being a sane voice. Too few of them around here.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

Fancy wrote:There has been an update:

UPDATE 10:04 a.m.

It would appear the cement barricade at a Coldstream boat launch has nothing to do with COVID-19.

A cement barrier has been placed at the Kinloch Road boat launch, but Castanet has been told that is to keep boats from launching while the municipality builds a new dock.

They had all winter to build a dock.
Strong and free
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Would it have anything to do with fish egg sites?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

It would appear the cement barricade at a Coldstream boat launch has nothing to do with COVID-19.

A cement barrier has been placed at the Kinloch Road boat launch, but Castanet has been told that is to keep boats from launching while the municipality builds a new dock.[/quote][/quote]

quote from last poster::::
They had all winter to build a dock.

Reply :::
Crown Land File: #3413398. Still do not have permission to do the work, says their application for the work is still pending.
SO I would say from experience coldstream has this as a very low priority and have done zero follow up on the permit application in the last several months
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

dontrump wrote:going for a solo drive and going out on the water in a boat solo or snowmobiling etc is about 100% less risk than going shopping or liquor store or home depot etc

what iam saying in my opinion is yes be aware yes keep your distance yes stay clean wear a mask if around others
etc etc don't socialize for now etc I get it but going to places I listed above by yourself or your wife is as safe as it gets so I dont see why people should not do these things at all

What if you have an accident with your car while you are coming or going to your destination?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Boosted632
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Boosted632 »

mexi cali wrote:
dontrump wrote:going for a solo drive and going out on the water in a boat solo or snowmobiling etc is about 100% less risk than going shopping or liquor store or home depot etc

What if you have an accident with your car while you are coming or going to your destination?

And what if a meteor hits your house while you're at home
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Boosted632 wrote:

And what if a meteor hits your house while you're at home

A wee bit more PC than the 'what if' scenario I chose not to put to print.. :smt045 [icon_lol2.gif]
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dv7834

Post by dv7834 »

mexi cali wrote:

Your ICBC rates will go up: That's a definite outcome. Anything else is speculation.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Fancy wrote:
dontrump wrote:I believe its correct ( no known CV cases in Vernon area) If u have proof its not please post and I was not really referencing parks just question closing boat launches

Check the other threads you have posted on. Yes, there have been cases in Vernon.

so far as of today I can find only one incident of CV in the Vernon and trading area where the person claimed they had it but was never in the hospital nor tested
anyone with information to the contrary please respond
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There have been cases so people need to be aware of protocol and look after themselves and others by respecting the rules right now.

Return to “North Okanagan”