Boating closure by Coldstream

11800+

Re: Boating closure by Coldstream

Post by 11800+ »

Went down to look on Tuesday it was jammed up with plastic kayakers launching with no social distancing what so ever. Trucks and cars parked all around the barricade. It would be nice if a none granola chewer could go out fishing in their trailered boat - geezuz!
dv7834

Re: Westkal parking for rail trail closure

Post by dv7834 »

outtawind wrote:Thank you Coldstream Council!...

... for showing... that you have zero understanding of the data and zero comprehension about what is going on.

Transmission is NOT occurring in parking lots, period. Dr. Bonnie Henry, who has taken a very cautious, pragmatic and commendable approach to our guidelines - stated as much directly Saturday. Dr. Henry said it was 'very clear', that transmission did not happen this way.

There is PLENTY of room to maintain distance on Westkal - your decision is just laughable fear-mongering. Those out in public with less than 2m space are also very likely domiciling together - or have mutually already been in isolation and are not at risk. But rather than ask them, we are told "people were observed less than 2m apart... so we closed the ______".

Uninformed personal opinions and petty political agendas seem to be the basis for your decision making. When you make irrational decisions it erodes our communities' trust in you. Closing spaces for parking (and also boat-launches with no work permit even in place) shows you have no idea what you are doing and apparently have too many barricades in your storage facility.

It's Coldstream council's way of virtue signalling.
blackapple

Post by blackapple »

why not just put a cone in every second parking spot at the westal parking spot to create social distancing, funny how parking lot at westkal in not ok but kal lake road lot is wide open, makes no sense what so ever. Coldstream.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

this is why electing people to run council is a gamble at best every time;; they always run on the platform of we the people
but soon it becomes "In my personal opinion '

closing parking lots and boat launches to control a virus that we don't even have in our area is most ridiculous at best
iam sick of this crazy big brother knows best :cuss: :cuss: that we are having shoved up our rectums
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

See that's the problem when people refuse to acknowledge the problem - and why there were closures.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
B-man

Post by B-man »

Do you people not read the reason it is closed is to build new dock not the VIRUS :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
dv7834

Post by dv7834 »

B-man wrote:Do you people not read the reason it is closed is to build new dock not the VIRUS :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

"you people"?!? I am sooooo offended

Actually, I couldn't give a fiddler's fart... Just thought it was funny.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

B-man wrote:Do you people not read the reason it is closed is to build new dock not the VIRUS :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

LOL ALL the boat docks are closed and I know that because I do read
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Did you not read that I posted about the dock? Might want to read a thread first.... just sayin...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dontrump wrote:LOL ALL the boat docks are closed and I know that because I do read

I know right?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

dontrump wrote:

LOL ALL the boat docks are closed and I know that because I do read

Fake news, they most certainly are not, It does matter where the dock touches land though.
If it falls inside a government rec site or campground then yes.
If any private or personal use or operation, then no.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Fake news, they most certainly are not, It does matter where the dock touches land though.
If it falls inside a government rec site or campground then yes.
If any private or personal use or operation, then no.

well that more than obvious is it not no one said or suggested a boat dock on ones private property was closed
there is a petition a guy from Quesnel stared you can sign to demand boat launches and campgrounds be re opened
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

whats really really irritating is kal beach is still closed yet the city of Kelowna,s huge water front beach right downtown kelowna was packed solid to day and great to see I might add

those idiots that got elected to coldstream council need to be replaced

Return to “North Okanagan”