Drive in max 50 cars

ajoker

Re: Drive in max 50 cars

Post by ajoker »

Things would go back to normal if we were still allowed to pray.

Make church great again!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

ajoker wrote:Things would go back to normal if we were still allowed to pray.

You are more than welcome to pray anywhere - including the drive in
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

If they're already allowing 50 in there and people are in their vehicles. Do you really think the risk to let them have 60 70 or 80 Vehicles is going to increase the risk exponentially. Give your head a shake. 50 isn't a magic number that keeps risk of down in this situation. It's too bad they can't look at a single situation such as a drive-in and make a rule just for them because their situation is so unique. I'm tired of the snowflakes that can't think for themselves and think the health authority in BC is some Almighty all-knowing entity.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

What I see as future is large amount of both bankruptcies & foreclosures, it's sad but unfortunately possible true.
Oh yes a country trillions in debt.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

common_sense_guy wrote:I'm tired of the snowflakes that can't think for themselves and think the health authority in BC is some Almighty all-knowing entity.

I'm tired of people assuming so many aren't understanding the full picture. No, there isn't a solution that will fit every situation but unfortunately in the grand scheme of things that's the way it works until more viable solutions are found. The authorities aren't catering to one little drive-in but changes will be implemented in due course.
dakoda62
Fledgling

Post by dakoda62 »

TylerM4 wrote:
dakoda62 wrote:How many people go to Walmart daily, Canadian tire daily. grocery stores, this lunacy is out of control. People will not be roaming around coughing and spitting on you. Get a grip, it's a bad case of the flu. They have shut down a trillion dollar economy, this was an experiment to see how far they could push the envelope. Canadians for the most part have fallen for it hook , line and sinker. Turn off your t.v. and get back to living your life!!!!!!!!!

I'm constantly amazed that people can't seem to understand the difference between an activity that's required (grocery shopping, medications, emergency home/automotive repairs, etc.) vs something that exists for entertainment.

Guess what? It makes a lot of sense to have different rules for "I need to go there to buy groceries so we don't starve" vs "I want to go there for entertainment".

People who can't see this literally scare me. I expect this from teenagers comparing grad ceremonies to costco lineups - but I also expect more out of grown adults. No wonder the world is falling apart around us.

This classic so what you are saying because their is a necessity to go grocery shopping you not catch the virus, however sitting by yourself in your car which for all intents and purposes is hermetically sealed you will catch the virus.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Fancy wrote:
OKkayak wrote:I like Bonnie, I think she's been a very positive and collective voice for her, but this one makes no sense.

I get the reason why because of human nature and when nature calls maybe? People will get out and mill around if they have gone in multiple vehicles. Hopefully people behave so that restrictions can be loosened further.

but causing fear when there is none is not the answer ;;In the Enderby,armsrong,vernon,coldstream,lavington,lumbey areas all included there has been between 3 and 7 cases actually known at the hospital
it kind of reminds me of the man and wife team that drive down the road in their vehicle with their stupid masks on
The Vernon super store (good example) has been almost normal customer wise since the cv19 up roar and not a single case
reported PERIOD so I don't think under a controlled condition the drive in movie needs to be this badly limited
you hire security to monitor the toilets and the staying in the car easy deal end of story sick of the government and their big brother BS
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dakoda62 wrote:This classic so what you are saying because their is a necessity to go grocery shopping you not catch the virus,

I understood what he was saying - that isn't it.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Fancy wrote:I get the reason why because of human nature and when nature calls maybe? People will get out and mill around if they have gone in multiple vehicles. Hopefully people behave so that restrictions can be loosened further.

The thing is though, that they've already been operating with the previous guidelines in place and its been working with zero issues, people have been staying in their cars, practicing physical distance when going potty or going to the concession, to implement further restrictions at a time when restrictions are being lifted just doesn't make any sense. I'm thinking it could have been an oversight by the Government.
GordonH wrote:What I see as future is large amount of both bankruptcies & foreclosures, it's sad but unfortunately possible true.
Oh yes a country trillions in debt.

Yeah, I don't think many have really given much thought to the economic repercussions of what lays ahead, but in time, when its time to pay the bill, I'm quite sure they'll be singing a very different tune.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

dakoda62 wrote:This classic so what you are saying because their is a necessity to go grocery shopping you not catch the virus, however sitting by yourself in your car which for all intents and purposes is hermetically sealed you will catch the virus.

MY concern grows. Do I really need to spell it out for you?

1st off: It's absolutely about likelihood of spreading the disease. You're far more likely to catch and spread the disease if you're going to Costco and going to other gatherings vs just going to Costco. The difference is that grocery shopping is something you must do to live, going to the movies is just for fun.

2nd: "For all intents and purposes is hermetically sealed" is laughable. Seriously, let's call it what it is - a glorified sneeze guard. Hermetically sealed literally means "airtight" a vehicle is nowhere near airtight in any way.

3rd: It's already been stated multiple times in this thread, but you seem to ignore so I'll mention it again. The high risk isn't transmission vehicle to vehicle - it's the washrooms and concession that are the concern. Going to that drive-in is a minimum 6hr commitment by the time you commute to/from. ALMOST NOBODY visits that drive-in without also visiting the washroom at some point. I go at least twice, usually at the intermission between movies and prior to leaving as it's still a 1hr commute home. 100+ people in 50 cars spaced well apart = low risk. 100+ people sharing the same washroom multiple times in the same evening = high risk.

Please - this isn't complicated stuff. Stop and think it through.
DetectivePikachu
Board Meister

Post by DetectivePikachu »

TylerM4 wrote:I'm constantly amazed that people can't seem to understand the difference between an activity that's required (grocery shopping, medications, emergency home/automotive repairs, etc.) vs something that exists for entertainment.

Guess what? It makes a lot of sense to have different rules for "I need to go there to buy groceries so we don't starve" vs "I want to go there for entertainment".

People who can't see this literally scare me. I expect this from teenagers comparing grad ceremonies to costco lineups - but I also expect more out of grown adults. No wonder the world is falling apart around us.

Your kidding yourself if all those people in Walmart are there for Groceries.
Is that why the TV's and electronics are all sold out?

Oh that sweet grocery selection at Canadian tire an home depot.

So many Karen blindly listening to the media making a buck off your fear.

Bonnie Henry has lost her mind. and is propping up large corporation at the expense of small business.
The respect she had 2 months ago is slipping.

11 cases in all of BC yesterday.
Deaths are trending to be less than car accidents, but focused on 70+ folks already with major problems .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

DetectivePikachu wrote:Your kidding yourself if all those people in Walmart are there for Groceries.

Sheesh I wish people would stop referring to everyone and anyone as Karen - it's like being in elementary school again. No one is kidding themselves about what is being bought at any store that has been opened. But the fact remains certain stores were to remain open because they are somewhat of a necessity. Walmart sells groceries, hardware stores sell essential items etc. Watching a movie doesn't come under the same category.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

DetectivePikachu wrote:
Your kidding yourself if all those people in Walmart are there for Groceries.

Not at all. Did you actually read what you quoted?

TylerM4 wrote:I'm constantly amazed that people can't seem to understand the difference between an activity that's required (grocery shopping, medications, emergency home/automotive repairs, etc.)....

Regardless - It seems that you're trying to make the point that because Walmart's electronics section isn't roped off that we should allow more than 50 cars at the drive-in. That seems like a heck of a stretch to me.

Here's something to consider: With 2 young children in our family suddenly needing to attend school via Zoom my family found ourselves with an urgent need to acquire some additional electronic devices. Swinging by the electronics section at Walmart while we were already there for groceries was the safest way I could think of to grab a much needed laptop ASAP.

That's an example of a legitimate unavoidable need during this time of social distancing. I can't think of something similar when it comes to movie theaters.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Starlight got the green light to re-open the concession stand :up:
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

TylerM4 wrote:
dakoda62 wrote:This classic so what you are saying because their is a necessity to go grocery shopping you not catch the virus, however sitting by yourself in your car which for all intents and purposes is hermetically sealed you will catch the virus.

MY concern grows. Do I really need to spell it out for you?

1st off: It's absolutely about likelihood of spreading the disease. You're far more likely to catch and spread the disease if you're going to Costco and going to other gatherings vs just going to Costco. The difference is that grocery shopping is something you must do to live, going to the movies is just for fun.

2nd: "For all intents and purposes is hermetically sealed" is laughable. Seriously, let's call it what it is - a glorified sneeze guard. Hermetically sealed literally means "airtight" a vehicle is nowhere near airtight in any way.

3rd: It's already been stated multiple times in this thread, but you seem to ignore so I'll mention it again. The high risk isn't transmission vehicle to vehicle - it's the washrooms and concession that are the concern. Going to that drive-in is a minimum 6hr commitment by the time you commute to/from. ALMOST NOBODY visits that drive-in without also visiting the washroom at some point. I go at least twice, usually at the intermission between movies and prior to leaving as it's still a 1hr commute home. 100+ people in 50 cars spaced well apart = low risk. 100+ people sharing the same washroom multiple times in the same evening = high risk.

Please - this isn't complicated stuff. Stop and think it through.

I don’t think he/she will stop and think it through since he/she said
Get a grip, it's a bad case of the flu.

Once I hear that, it is clear that nothing will convince them, short of a close family member dying of this "flu".
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “North Okanagan”