A Thank you to the RCMP

one wheel
Übergod

A Thank you to the RCMP

Post by one wheel »

A big thanks to the Cariboo RCMP Officer who spotted this trailer traveling on Hwy.97 N. & pulled it over before an accident occurred.
The Sept. 26 Castanet North Okanagan News article about a 'Tiny House Trailer' being impounded leaves me wondering ?

How on earth did this trailer ever pass a Vehicle Inspection & get Insurance to begin with, is nobody checking this ?

I don't believe any Designated Inspection Facility in BC would risk losing their Licence by giving this totally unsafe & illegal trailer the necessary papers required to get ICBC plate & insurance ?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: A Thank you to the RCMP

Post by dontrump »

one wheel wrote:A big thanks to the Cariboo RCMP Officer who spotted this trailer traveling on Hwy.97 N. & pulled it over before an accident occurred.
The Sept. 26 Castanet North Okanagan News article about a 'Tiny House Trailer' being impounded leaves me wondering ?

How on earth did this trailer ever pass a Vehicle Inspection & get Insurance to begin with, is nobody checking this ?

I don't believe any Designated Inspection Facility in BC would risk losing their Licence by giving this totally unsafe & illegal trailer the necessary papers required to get ICBC plate & insurance ?

thats what the highway patrol is supposed to do thats their job its all expected in days work
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

A link would help!
All my passwords are protected by amnesia!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oneh2obabe wrote:https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/Kamloops/311687/Police-are-calling-a-buckling-trailer-on-its-way-to-the-Yukon-extremely-dangerous-to-the-public#311687

Thanks, was hoping for pictures.
All my passwords are protected by amnesia!
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Hey - dontrump - it seems you completely bypassed my concern which is - how did this trailer ever get clearance to be licenced ?
I'm grateful the Officer on patrol did his job but that trailer should have been checked before ever being licenced & IMO someone seriously dropped the ball ?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Nowhere in the article does it state the trailer was licensed. It does mention it had 4 axles which is illegal in BC, was over the height limit and the driver didn't have a 'heavy endorsement' on his licence.

If by chance there was a plate on the trailer, I'll bet a dollar to a donut the plate was borrowed from a legal trailer.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

one wheel wrote:how did this trailer ever get clearance to be licenced ?
I'm grateful the Officer on patrol did his job but that trailer should have been checked before ever being licenced & IMO someone seriously dropped the ball ?

If it was registered and licensed at all, it was likely done as a U-built trailer. If you register a U-built trailer for 2500lbs or under (2000lbs maximum capacity) there is no inspection, etc.

This one was obviously way over that weight, but it wouldn't stop you from getting it registered and plated. Obviously it'd all be invalid if there was an accident or if you get pulled over.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

one wheel wrote:Hey - dontrump - it seems you completely bypassed my concern which is - how did this trailer ever get clearance to be licenced ?

LOL I hear u on that guess theres a lot of dumb cops between vancouver island and williams lake

GMC Sierra from Vancouver Island

Return to “North Okanagan”