Vernon Cultural Centre update

tabubil
Fledgling

Vernon Cultural Centre update

Post by tabubil »

After much digging a got a copy of the business plan very long and detailed. A few items require more explaining but I hope they GVAC will now hold a new public information session to discuss the following.
First they still want the $25m dollar loan but now the committee portion is down from $20m to $14.5 million I would like an explanation as to why they get to lowered their amount. If they reduced the the size and cost of the building then the reduction should be split 50/50. I cannot find any information on any website or from any representative regarding how much money the committee has applied for and raised to date.
The yearly operation budget for the building is $236,000, why was this not lowered to the amount that was stated earlier that the GVAC was upset at. This amount of money is what we the taxpayers of Vernon have to pay out just to operate this building. Why should not all those who voted to build this all pay the yearly operating costs.
I truly think that when the GVAC and RDNO all have the papers and totals correct they should come to the taxpayers in all communities concerned and explain things and then let us have a new vote. They must bring approximate yearly costs per household for loan payment and operating costs.
Check Sept 25 Castamet
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Vernon Cultural Centre update

Post by OKkayak »

tabubil wrote:Why should not all those who voted to build this all pay the yearly operating costs.

Because thats not how democracy works. There was a referendum where you can vote "yay" or "nay", the "yay's" won and the "nay's" are just gonna have learn to deal with that.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

OKkayak wrote:
tabubil wrote:Why should not all those who voted to build this all pay the yearly operating costs.

Because thats not how democracy works. There was a referendum where you can vote "yay" or "nay", the "yay's" won and the "nay's" are just gonna have learn to deal with that.

thats not true as thats nothing to do with democracy ;; the vote by council to absorb operating costs is not democratic its
all BS
CanuckFan
Fledgling

Post by CanuckFan »

Akbal Mund is an idiot. Someone should tell him that Polson Park is NOT one block away from the Cultural Centre site.

Doofus!
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Waste of money, we dont need it. I would rather see the money used for buying the property out by Alison Park

Return to “North Okanagan”