Public input requested for Kin Track area

Iamme
Fledgling

Public input requested for Kin Track area

Post by Iamme »

Sounds great in theory and like they are asking for public input. That said…. It could become the Polson Park of North Vernon with campers, drug addicts, crime etc. And a lot more trouble and crime for that area. Or am I being too cynical due to the last several years of increased bs with the uptick in issues, drugs, crime etc in our parks? Not to mention an elementary school directly across the street.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/35 ... ark#352392
Andrewski

Re: Public input requested for Kin Track area

Post by Andrewski »

Could you imagine vernon without parks like Polson? It would be dirty, full of homeless drug users without any parks.

Parks might give drug users a place to go at night but they give the rest of us a place to go during the day. Let's not b le afraid of our own city, it's parks and it's people. Green space is important.
Keepingit4real

Post by Keepingit4real »

Watch Vernon blow another property.
nothing has changed with City development and Management / growth since the mid 80's
no wonder Kelowna took off.

I predict another overpriced walkway that suits the COV more than the public
creating "make work" projects for security and more COV positions.

(and a place for the trash to collect closer to town)
tabubil
Fledgling

Post by tabubil »

Andrewski wrote: Nov 22nd, 2021, 9:06 pm Could you imagine vernon without parks like Polson? It would be dirty, full of homeless drug users without any parks.

Parks might give drug users a place to go at night but they give the rest of us a place to go during the day. Let's not b le afraid of our own city, it's parks and it's people. Green space is important.
Polson Park no water park-flooded out and not to be replaced, overrun with homeless and druggies, has need to have the creek overflow problem solved-never done and the park requires some work. Even in the day time I do not like to walk around it has a weird feeling.
This new park has had I think two previous public input and we have never been shown what the results were.
Who is going to pay for the destruction on the present pool-after all the money we are putting into it. Relocate all the other groups that have places there. What about the operating costs of all this no numbers I could find.
Can we afford to have our taxes increase again for something that is not really required now as we come out of a pandemic and most likely into a recession as both levels of government are broke and going further into debt.
No promise that the housing will be affordable by those that rent.
Poor bus service in the area, the area is all industrial and the kin track area should be used for industrial at least that way we would have income from it.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Get these plans set in stone before the next civic election. There will be a Trumpian slate running next fall who not only want to kill this project, but sell the land to their friends and insiders who will squeeze a bunch of houses on it and rake in a ton of money.

Return to “North Okanagan”