"Operation Green Light"

Sparki55
Guru

Re: "Operation Green Light"

Post by Sparki55 »

my5cents wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 11:44 am When the government enacts a new law or changes a law have we demanded the supporting data in the past ? Now, we elect a government trusting their guidance in enacting and changing laws is warranted. If we don't trust the government, we deal with that every 4 years.

They changed the Motor Vehicle Act from one law (that did cover the offence), Driving Without Due Care and Attention, to Using electronic devices, segment one type of distracted driving. Did the public demand the raw data ?

What we hear is "Distracted driving causes XX% of collisions".

Are you aware that "distracted driving" is anything that distracts a driver ? Be that an electronic device or not. "I was looking at a gorgeous woman walking down the street and didn't see that traffic had stopped in front of me" - that is "distracted driving" and forms part of the distracted driving collision stats for which the public concludes "see the new electronic device law is required".
https://catalogue.data.gov.bc.ca/datase ... nvolvement

Care to redact your statement?

Does anyone even try to look things up anymore or is it whoever assumes the loudest stance is correct? Lol
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Tankur wrote: Jan 18th, 2022, 6:27 pm Well look what that whining did. Got their gyms re opened. Maybe if we don’t like masks and all the other crap going on we need to be more vocal. What a terrible post.
It was the data that got the gyms reopened.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Anonymous123 wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 1:42 pm
Tankur wrote: Jan 18th, 2022, 6:27 pm Well look what that whining did. Got their gyms re opened. Maybe if we don’t like masks and all the other crap going on we need to be more vocal. What a terrible post.
Data must have drastically changed over just few weeks lol

Some good old public pressure it was.

Good on them for standing up.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Even Steven wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 1:47 pm

Data must have drastically changed over just few weeks lol

Some good old public pressure it was.

Good on them for standing up.
It has changed over the past few weeks. Infection rates peaked in case you missed that. They’re holding fast to make sure that there’s no resurgence of the infection. Government doesn’t back down from what they’re doing just because a minor group of citizens think that civil disobedience is the correct way to deal with orders they don’t like.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Sparki55 wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 12:15 pm
my5cents wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 11:44 am When the government enacts a new law or changes a law have we demanded the supporting data in the past ? Now, we elect a government trusting their guidance in enacting and changing laws is warranted. If we don't trust the government, we deal with that every 4 years.

They changed the Motor Vehicle Act from one law (that did cover the offence), Driving Without Due Care and Attention, to Using electronic devices, segment one type of distracted driving. Did the public demand the raw data ?

Are you aware that "distracted driving" is anything that distracts a driver ? Be that an electronic device or not. "I was looking at a gorgeous woman walking down the street and didn't see that traffic had stopped in front of me" - that is "distracted driving" and forms part of the distracted driving collision stats for which the public concludes "see the new electronic device law is required".

Does anyone even try to look things up anymore or is it whoever assumes the loudest stance is correct? Lol
I went to the site you linked. Perhaps I missed something, but what I found was a list of the number of fatalities per year against a number of collisions apparently caused by "distracted driving".

Did I miss something ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

my5cents wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 2:22 pm I went to the site you linked. Perhaps I missed something, but what I found was a list of the number of fatalities per year against a number of collisions apparently caused by "distracted driving".

Did I miss something ?
Yeah, that's the raw data collected from police tallying up the number of fatalities for distracted driving vs. not distracted driving.

Here is an even better dataset:
https://catalogue.data.gov.bc.ca/datase ... -data-tas-

Where is the data for hospitalizations and cases per week separated for vaccinated and unvaccinated? Why can I not have access to it? The hospitals should be sending it to the government, how else is the government creating the statistics?!

I can take the data from police for distracted driving and come up with the same numbers posted in the media.

Clearly, there is something being hidden.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/data/open-data
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Sparki55 wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 4:06 pm
my5cents wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 2:22 pm I went to the site you linked. Perhaps I missed something, but what I found was a list of the number of fatalities per year against a number of collisions apparently caused by "distracted driving".

Did I miss something ?
Yeah, that's the raw data collected from police tallying up the number of fatalities for distracted driving vs. not distracted driving.

Here is an even better dataset:
https://catalogue.data.gov.bc.ca/datase ... -data-tas-

Where is the data for hospitalizations and cases per week separated for vaccinated and unvaccinated? Why can I not have access to it? The hospitals should be sending it to the government, how else is the government creating the statistics?!

I can take the data from police for distracted driving and come up with the same numbers posted in the media.

Clearly, there is something being hidden.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/data/open-data
I think you proven my point. The stats just indicate "distracted driving" Not the type of "distracted driving", it's not necessarily just the use of an electronic devices. The government and police are using the "distracted driving" statistic to support enforcement of use of electronic devices, which is just one type of distracted driving. We don't know from the stats if it's a large portion or a small.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

my5cents wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 4:35 pm I think you proven my point. The stats just indicate "distracted driving" Not the type of "distracted driving", it's not necessarily just the use of an electronic devices. The government and police are using the "distracted driving" statistic to support enforcement of use of electronic devices, which is just one type of distracted driving. We don't know from the stats if it's a large portion or a small.
The second link I sent is even split by gender. We have proven my point lol.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Sparki55 wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 5:59 pm
my5cents wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 4:35 pm I think you proven my point. The stats just indicate "distracted driving" Not the type of "distracted driving", it's not necessarily just the use of an electronic devices. The government and police are using the "distracted driving" statistic to support enforcement of use of electronic devices, which is just one type of distracted driving. We don't know from the stats if it's a large portion or a small.
The second link I sent is even split by gender. We have proven my point lol.
Don't we need to know the type of distracted driving. Looking at something, hitting a kid in the back seat, picking up a dropped article, ,,,,
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

my5cents wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 6:04 pm Don't we need to know the type of distracted driving. Looking at something, hitting a kid in the back seat, picking up a dropped article, ,,,,
If the government was going to claim that hitting the kid in the backseat was the leading cause of crashes and needed to be stopped, they would post the data.

Why you don't think the government needs to show data and be accountable is my issue.

They could tell you tomorrow that all grocery stores need to be closed, online orders only, you'd eat it up.

I'd ask for what data they used to come to such a conclusion.

What you don't realise is prior to Covid people ran all sorts of data to see if the government was in check. Now it's a conspiracy theory if someone asks for the data.

Would you believe we contacted aliens if the government said so? Or would you want to hear the lucky scientists talk about it and share their data?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

fluffy wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 9:46 am
my5cents wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 9:42 amYou're correct fluffy, but then Ken7 pointed out attending a

Yes, there was a lack of consistency in a lot of cases. I was surprised to hear that the municipal aquatic center here in Penticton remained open when the gyms were forced to close.

Likely chlorine will kill covid...go figure!
spooker

Post by spooker »

Sparki55 wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 6:29 pm
my5cents wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 6:04 pm Don't we need to know the type of distracted driving. Looking at something, hitting a kid in the back seat, picking up a dropped article, ,,,,
If the government was going to claim that hitting the kid in the backseat was the leading cause of crashes and needed to be stopped, they would post the data.

Why you don't think the government needs to show data and be accountable is my issue.

They could tell you tomorrow that all grocery stores need to be closed, online orders only, you'd eat it up.

I'd ask for what data they used to come to such a conclusion.

What you don't realise is prior to Covid people ran all sorts of data to see if the government was in check. Now it's a conspiracy theory if someone asks for the data.

Would you believe we contacted aliens if the government said so? Or would you want to hear the lucky scientists talk about it and share their data?
Why is it a conspiracy theory if someone asks for the data? Seems like a reasonable request of the government ... I've put in my share of requests to government agencies, most times gotten a sufficient answer but not always, just not going around calling it a coverup when I don't get what I want ...
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Sparki55 wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 12:15 pm

That link is about "fatalities" not "distracted driving". That is the old apples and oranges comparison.

Don't people read the links they are posting BEFORE they submit them?
Bring back the LIKE button.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

flip flop bon bon was to afraid too to go up against operation green light with her fake bs covid stats, i enjoyed my 2 hour workout yesterday, never seen the gym this busy before, and the talk at the gym was all about bon bon, she has lost tons of support :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 21st, 2022, 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic

Return to “North Okanagan”