New Active Living Center and higher taxes

fordgeneraltech2010

New Active Living Center and higher taxes

Post by fordgeneraltech2010 »

Just read the story on the new Active Living Center slated for the old Kin Park site, in Vernon. Just wondering, who thinks raising our taxes to pay for it is a good idea. When is the referendum going to happen? Because I will most definitely be voting a BIG FAT NO THANKS!!!!!! I can barely afford the taxes on my house now, then with the bank raising interest rates, that's going to really put a damper on things. Oh, and never mind to cost of gas for the vehicle, just to get to work, so that I can make more money to be taxed to death on!!!

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/37 ... referendum
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: New Active Living Center and higher taxes

Post by dontrump »

fordgeneraltech2010 wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 9:22 pm Just read the story on the new Active Living Center slated for the old Kin Park site, in Vernon. Just wondering, who thinks raising our taxes to pay for it is a good idea. When is the referendum going to happen? Because I will most definitely be voting a BIG FAT NO THANKS!!!!!! I can barely afford the taxes on my house now, then with the bank raising interest rates, that's going to really put a damper on things. Oh, and never mind to cost of gas for the vehicle, just to get to work, so that I can make more money to be taxed to death on!!!

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/37 ... referendum
its just a outright bad idea the lowly property owners are forced to pay for something that less than 50% of owners will ever use and all the renters and deadbeats get to use it for free;;I used the tax calculation they included in one of the rah rah articles promoting the venus and based on my assessment value my tax would go up $540 per year !!
this should ( at most) be a private funded , private owned user pay system if it were to ever go ahead
I too am voting no
dg3
Board Meister

Post by dg3 »

the entrenched city staff bigwigs who come up with these plans make 2x to 4x what an average citizen makes.
they are far out of touch with reality.
cut their salaries to 50k$ per year to correct this.

just keep using the present rec center, make it only for vernon city residents, and put a freeze on new building permits to keep the city population in check.
tabubil
Fledgling

Post by tabubil »

Well folks it has dropped again, the city council has now stated that the $121 million planned for the Kin area is not enough and might be close to another $100 million for everything.
I am getting tired of this council spending money like they are printing it in the back room. Do they not realize that we are very close to a major recession as pointed out by all major financial institutions and the fact that nothing is back to normal and nobody has any idea when and if it will ever get back.
If you do not like what they are doing several options wait until election day and vote the referendum down-they might not listen, vote the mayor and council out (we could get worse) or best options write to every councilor and the mayor and voice your opposition and ask for them for forget about the cultural centre and the kin track area.
here is the link.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/37 ... s-climbing
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

tabubil wrote: Jun 11th, 2022, 10:27 am Well folks it has dropped again, the city council has now stated that the $121 million planned for the Kin area is not enough and might be close to another $100 million for everything.
I am getting tired of this council spending money like they are printing it in the back room. Do they not realize that we are very close to a major recession as pointed out by all major financial institutions and the fact that nothing is back to normal and nobody has any idea when and if it will ever get back.
If you do not like what they are doing several options wait until election day and vote the referendum down-they might not listen, vote the mayor and council out (we could get worse) or best options write to every councilor and the mayor and voice your opposition and ask for them for forget about the cultural centre and the kin track area.
here is the link.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/37 ... s-climbing
its outright awful 3 months ago they increased the estimate from 90 million to 121 million and now like double ?? who are this rocket scientists with math problems anyways

Return to “North Okanagan”