Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Fire-related topics

Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby P65 » Jul 22nd, 2015, 11:54 pm

How does it benefit the fire fighting effort at Shelter Bay to have her staging a media event at the site?
Watching the clip with firefighters standing around her makes me question what this is about.
Thanking them, great!
There is no value in taxpayers dollars to have her at the site. What did it cost to bring her there?

strew likes this post.
P65
Fledgling
 
Posts: 118
Likes: 73 posts
Liked in: 153 posts
Joined: Apr 13th, 2015, 2:58 pm

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby Frisk » Jul 23rd, 2015, 9:34 am

User avatar
Frisk
Guru
 
Posts: 8682
Likes: 3492 posts
Liked in: 3197 posts
Joined: Apr 24th, 2011, 9:32 am
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby Bubalouie » Jul 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am

Must be elections coming up. They should both stay away and save us tax payers some pennies.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Bubalouie
Guru
 
Posts: 7917
Likes: 155 posts
Liked in: 433 posts
Joined: May 18th, 2005, 9:33 am

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby canuck500 » Jul 23rd, 2015, 9:42 am

In all fairness it's not just Christy that does this sort of thing, premiers have been visiting major fires forever. I can remember back as far as the Glen Cark days. That being said it is a major distraction for the crews.
canuck500
Fledgling
 
Posts: 261
Likes: 423 posts
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2011, 5:28 pm

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby Leifer » Jul 23rd, 2015, 9:52 am

Damned if they do show up....damned if they don't.
I can just imagine the cries of "And where is Christy in all this???...doesn't she even care????".
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 764
Likes: 305 posts
Liked in: 1333 posts
Joined: Nov 19th, 2007, 9:43 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby Carrs Landing Viking » Jul 23rd, 2015, 9:58 am

And if Christy Clark did not show up you would all complain about that. I believe it is her job to attend disaster area's.

There are certainly more important issues to be concerned about than the Premier simply doing her job.

4 people like this post.
User avatar
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod
 
Posts: 1083
Likes: 14179 posts
Liked in: 1721 posts
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010, 8:06 pm

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby zerograv » Jul 23rd, 2015, 10:14 am

love how Clark mentioned that the firefighting budget is determined from the average previous 5 or six years. That would make this years budget over 210 million, not 60......we've gone over budget 9 out of the last ten years, a logical person would suggest the budget is to low when that happens, but it sure helps them post a surplus.
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.

2 people like this post.
zerograv
Übergod
 
Posts: 1065
Likes: 113 posts
Liked in: 329 posts
Joined: Mar 5th, 2009, 9:49 pm

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Jul 23rd, 2015, 11:27 am

P65 wrote:How does it benefit the fire fighting effort at Shelter Bay to have her staging a media event at the site?
Watching the clip with firefighters standing around her makes me question what this is about.
Thanking them, great!
There is no value in taxpayers dollars to have her at the site. What did it cost to bring her there?


If she hadn't come I'm willing to bet you'd still have a post here complaining, just worded differently.

What it's about is a politician looking after her riding. She's astute enough to realize, if she doesn't come, there'd still be a thread with the same title, just the word "not" inserted between "Clark" and "at".

It must really suck waking up in the morning with nothing better to do than to *bleep* and moan about jobs you'd have little to no clue about doing yourself.
Last edited by LoneWolf_53 on Jul 23rd, 2015, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

2 people like this post.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12496
Likes: 1120 posts
Liked in: 2658 posts
Joined: Mar 19th, 2005, 1:06 pm

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby puttrench » Jul 23rd, 2015, 3:02 pm

Did she visit any other fires in BC or just the one close to her riding?
puttrench
 
Posts: 22
Likes: 71 posts
Liked in: 13 posts
Joined: Sep 13th, 2006, 7:37 pm
Location: vernon

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby Glacier » Jul 23rd, 2015, 4:14 pm

puttrench wrote:Did she visit any other fires in BC or just the one close to her riding?

Just the one close to her riding. Same goes for PM. Mr. and Mrs. Friend up at Puntzi lake are in their 70s, and just lost their recently finished custom home they spend 20 years building. They're too old to build another one. Even though they had insurance, nothing could replace it. Will any politicians visit? LOL! The Prime Minister and Premier know there aren't enough votes to gain or lose up there to bother. It's much easier to tour a place where people have not lost homes because there are more voters nearby.
Last edited by Glacier on Jul 23rd, 2015, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I've got more balls than more men.”
~ My mom
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 31186
Likes: 6569 posts
Liked in: 14896 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby Carrs Landing Viking » Jul 23rd, 2015, 4:17 pm

puttrench wrote:Did she visit any other fires in BC or just the one close to her riding?





As a matter of fact, yes she has. I could pull up the info for you ,but I am too tired right now.
User avatar
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod
 
Posts: 1083
Likes: 14179 posts
Liked in: 1721 posts
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010, 8:06 pm

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Jul 23rd, 2015, 5:11 pm

puttrench wrote:Did she visit any other fires in BC or just the one close to her riding?



Glacier wrote:Just the one close to her riding. Same goes for PM. Mr. and Mrs. Friend up at Puntzi lake are in their 70s, and just lost their recently finished custom home they spend 20 years building. They're too old to build another one. Even though they had insurance, nothing could replace it. Will any politicians visit? LOL! The Prime Minister and Premier know there aren't enough votes to gain or lose up there to bother. It's much easier to tour a place where people have not lost homes because there are more voters nearby.


Actually you're wrong Glacier!

I'm shocked, I thought you better at getting your facts straight.

I didn't even look very hard and came across this one almost instantly.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2098330/b-c-p ... fire-base/

Here's another one she went to check on back in May....

http://globalnews.ca/news/2002081/fire- ... c-premier/

another...

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Premie ... story.html
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

3 people like this post.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12496
Likes: 1120 posts
Liked in: 2658 posts
Joined: Mar 19th, 2005, 1:06 pm

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby bob vernon » Jul 23rd, 2015, 8:06 pm

Well, the fire is in Christie's constituency. And on Westside road. The campaign to have the road renamed Christie Clark Way is gathering steam. It's a very appropriate name for the road.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3151
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 1829 posts
Joined: Oct 27th, 2008, 10:37 am

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby Hassel99 » Jul 23rd, 2015, 8:29 pm

same angry crowd just looking for a reason to get all worked up.

It is a damn shame people put so much energy into trying to find a reason to be outraged.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Hassel99
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3815
Likes: 1241 posts
Liked in: 3416 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2012, 9:31 am

Re: Christy Clark at Shelter Bay fire site

Postby DasCoupe » Jul 23rd, 2015, 9:20 pm

Hassel99 wrote:same angry crowd just looking for a reason to get all worked up.

It is a damn shame people put so much energy into trying to find a reason to be outraged.



^^ This.

It is a positive thing to have them here bringing attention to the fire, and talking about future assistance and strategies.

2 people like this post.
DasCoupe
 
Posts: 12
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 10 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2012, 5:59 pm

Next

Return to Fire Watch 2015

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests