Little White / Gillard fire

Fire-related topics
Frisk
Guru

Re: Little White / Gillard fire

Post by Frisk »

I haven't seen the area personally but from what others are saying here it does sound highly suspicious. I'm surprised nobody saw anything. Hopefully it won't happen again.
Geode

Post by Geode »

Quailize wrote:I haven't seen the area personally but from what others are saying here it does sound highly suspicious. I'm surprised nobody saw anything. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Surprised? I'm not surprised. What is there to see in the wee hours of the morning? Hunting season is closed, and the only people on forest roads at that hour would be loggers, and bush partygoers. The last logging activity that I am aware of is Mike Closs Logging cutting a block in 2009, and Cridland Logging cutting a block back in 1999 at the end of Gillard Creek FSR, which is now mostly overgrown after km 16. Luckily temperatures dropped drastically, otherwise the fire would have been much, much worse.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

I thought this happened mid afternoon and not the wee hours of the morning? Or are we talking about a different event?
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

I think geode means 'in general'. I believe you are right that this fire started in the afternoon. Our comments are that it is that type of yahoo that doesn't give a blank that would deliberately do this
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

there was logging up there about two years ago and roads being built last year for more logging

Return to “Fire Watch 2015”