Bridge / lights to nowhere

Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Bridge / lights to nowhere

Post by Rosemary1 »

May depend on who is paying for archaeological survey?
austin007

Post by austin007 »

Beware that bridge is a great hiding place for cops, saw them there the other day
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Until there is some firm agreements to develop something across the channel, don't see much need for lights. Lights may be more useful right now at t exit of skaha hills or resort across from Sudbury beach. There are probably other better candidates for traffic lights at this time across the city.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Rosemary1 wrote:Until there is some firm agreements to develop something across the channel, don't see much need for lights. Lights may be more useful right now at t exit of skaha hills or resort across from Sudbury beach. There are probably other better candidates for traffic lights at this time across the city.

Looks like they couldn't attract Ashley Furniture. They bought the land across the street from the Skaha Center strip Mall on Skaha Lake Rd and have started putting up a building.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
civil

Post by civil »

Nissan Penticton announced
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
george~

Post by george~ »

I'm luvin that park area at the south end if they divert the channelway water like that I'm all for it.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Ummm. It is like that now, it's an oxbow. There are some on either side.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.4599324, ... !1e3?hl=en
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
george~

Post by george~ »

It is actually, here I was thinking optimistically that they were including park like areas instead of just blacktop and concrete.
planemikey

Post by planemikey »

This bridge was put in to allow the First Nations to rent their land for business while good farm land is paved and rare native species habitat is disturbed . Kind of like when the province wants to put in a mine or pipeline .

I say no to their business's as they have said no to ours and for that reason I do not support any FN businesses .

Turning on to the highway was not an issue before the light and the light should be made flashing until businesses begin to start .
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

planemikey wrote:Turning on to the highway was not an issue before the light and the light should be made flashing until businesses begin to start .

I use that intersection daily and have for the better part of 10 years. It is insurmountably better than before and if you have a problem with it I suggest you either suck it up or find an alternate route that might detour you 90-120 seconds of your precious time.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

ToddT wrote:

I use that intersection daily and have for the better part of 10 years. It is insurmountably better than before and if you have a problem with it I suggest you either suck it up or find an alternate route that might detour you 90-120 seconds of your precious time.

90-120 seconds of thousands of vehicles per day unnecessarily stopped and idling every day does not make it better.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Well paving farmland and ridding of natural habitat as well as excessive idling is the way they show that they are the caregivers of the earth
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

twobits wrote:thousands of vehicles per day

That's a bit of a stretch. You'd have to be considering that All vehicles are getting stopped there, which obviously they aren't.

Symbonite wrote:Well paving farmland and ridding of natural habitat as well as excessive idling is the way they show that they are the caregivers of the earth

They? They who? First Nations? So if we're speaking in generalizations, I'd be safe in assuming you're a serial killer?
Excessive idling? There are two traffic lights leading onto the reserve in a city with over 100 lights and the First Nations are responsible for the excessive idling that's taking place? Try again.
Paving farmland? The majority of farmland was paved in the creation and the straightening of the river channel in the first place, so where should those fingers be pointing? 0% of 'farm land' has been paved. Try again.
Ridding of natural habitat? The Penticton Indian band has protected 80% of its 46,000 acres and has even leased valuable riparian areas for protection.
Just goes to show, who takes quotes from Disney Films and who doesn't.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

The same "caregivers of the earth" that are logging 60'000 cubic metres of forest this year. It's all about the money for the PIB. They farmed most of the work out to the white man as usual.

Return to “South Okanagan”