Gordy

wanderingchef
Fledgling

Gordy

Post by wanderingchef »

Why is it that the fact this wonderful soul was beaten and died of his injuries does not have residents of Penticton DEMANDING the police be working 24/7 to find out just who did this to him? Who ever it was is still living amongst us. Everyone is so quick to get riled up about petty issues. How about getting riled up over the violence in our community.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Gordy

Post by fluffy »

I know a few Gordons locally but have heard nothing of anything happening to any of them. Granted I work out of town and am out of the loop as far as a lot of local news. Of whom do you speak ? Can you link to a news story ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
wanderingchef
Fledgling

Post by wanderingchef »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#151352

Sorry, I thought everyone would have seen the story on his memorial by now
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

That's sad news. I can't say I knew him well but we spent some time together through mutual friends in recovery. Like a lot of us, Gordy battled his demons as best he could. It's not right that he should go out like he did, but the memorial is a fitting tribute to his life and the way his humble existence touched so many.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Where does it say he was beaten? Please post your source.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

It's not a big stretch of the imagination for those who knew Gordy, I'm willing to take the OP at his word. Gordy lived off and on in the netherworld of homelessness and hard drug addiction, and things are different there. The rules that most of our society lives by hold little meaning. He had a kind and gentle heart and while many of us aspire to be that kind of person there are also those who see it as a weakness to be exploited.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

wanderingchef wrote:Why is it that the fact this wonderful soul was beaten and died of his injuries does not have residents of Penticton DEMANDING the police be working 24/7 to find out just who did this to him? Who ever it was is still living amongst us. Everyone is so quick to get riled up about petty issues. How about getting riled up over the violence in our community.

This post is rather disturbing to me. The media reports of his passing said nothing of the sort. I had just assumed the lifestyle had caught up to him health wise. I think many of us that knew him even through brief contacts would appreciate some veracity of his being beaten and succumbing to those injuries. No one deserves to go out like that without some questions and investigation.

If you are certain of your information, do you know that the RCMP are not actively investigating?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

wanderingchef wrote:Why is it that the fact this wonderful soul was beaten and died of his injuries does not have residents of Penticton DEMANDING the police be working 24/7 to find out just who did this to him? Who ever it was is still living amongst us. Everyone is so quick to get riled up about petty issues. How about getting riled up over the violence in our community.

street people are really good at taking care of each other, good chance it was a piece of s..t junkie that did it
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

]

This post is rather disturbing to me. The media reports of his passing said nothing of the sort. I had just assumed the lifestyle had caught up to him health wise. I think many of us that knew him even through brief contacts would appreciate some veracity of his being beaten and succumbing to those injuries. No one deserves to go out like that without some questions and investigation.

If you are certain of your information, do you know that the RCMP are not actively investigating?

I believe the OP is incorrect.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Nov 8th, 2015, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote fixed.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

This was the news report that appeared when Gordy was hospitalized.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

fluffy wrote:
This was the news report that appeared when Gordy was hospitalized.

That sounds more like a fall to me. Doesn't say anything about a beating.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Bunnyhop wrote:That sounds more like a fall to me. Doesn't say anything about a beating.

Believe what you want. I see no reason to distrust the OP.
wanderingchef
Fledgling

Post by wanderingchef »

Thanks Fluffy, I have been away for a bit.
I have no reason to spin a story about Gordy getting beat up just to start a topic. I remember the day the story ran in the news. Gordy was beat up within 30min of the local nightclubs getting out. Castanet also covered this but I have not refund the article. No way Gordy "fell" and had injuries bad enough to keep him in the hospital long enough to pass away from the injuries over 2 months later..... Just where in Nanaimo square did he fall? From a roof?
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Here is the Castanet story:

http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/ ... -a-mystery

It happened Sept 10, he sustained injuries to his face. He passed Oct 3, about 3 weeks after the incident.

I haven't heard anything officially, but my understanding from hearing stuff around downtown was that he fell. Or maybe his injuries were consistent with a fall. But from what I have heard, the police aren't treating it as a crime, and neither is anyone in the downtown area. No mention at the memorial of a call for justice, etc.

I just don't think anything points to a beating.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

wanderingchef wrote:Thanks Fluffy, I have been away for a bit.
I have no reason to spin a story about Gordy getting beat up just to start a topic. I remember the day the story ran in the news. Gordy was beat up within 30min of the local nightclubs getting out. Castanet also covered this but I have not refund the article. No way Gordy "fell" and had injuries bad enough to keep him in the hospital long enough to pass away from the injuries over 2 months later..... Just where in Nanaimo square did he fall? From a roof?

How do you know he got beat up at all as well as within 30 min of the nightclubs closing? Your info seems to conflict with him being found at 430 am. It is not my intent to disparage old Gord, but he did have addiction issues and he was in his 70's. It is not outside the realm of possibility that he simply face planted hard enough to cause a brain hemorrhage that his health and age prevented a recovery from.
If you have more information, as in verification that it was an assault, please share it with the police. Gordy deserves that.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”