Outdoor Skating in Penticton

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Outdoor Skating in Penticton

Post by Anonymous123 »

Will anyone use this facility that has a maximum of 10 people at a time?

http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/152854/Skating-at-the-Lakeside
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
twobits
Guru

Re: Outdoor Skating in Penticton

Post by twobits »

Anonymous123 wrote:Will anyone use this facility that has a maximum of 10 people at a time?

http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/152854/Skating-at-the-Lakeside

When I first heard about this outdoor skating rink I thought "wow, what an awesome gesture. Maybe I've been too hard on the man". Now having seen the "skating rink" I am thinking "why did you bother with the expense?" If this is a skating rink then mini golf is a golf course.
I have a humble suggestion for Mr Prystay for the future. Since you have already paid for the capital for the plant, next year make a longer and narrower ice sheet. It may not be good for shinny hockey but at least it would take more than four strides to cover the length. Maybe you could even create a curling lane for dual purpose use. I could see the potential for some interesting Parrot Pub league tourneys on several slow bar nights with five end games.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I was curious about the size of it, in the photo it did not look very large. Oh well his money, his ice rink as small as it may be.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Ken7 wrote:I was curious about the size of it, in the photo it did not look very large. Oh well his money, his ice rink as small as it may be.

His money, his rink. On whose beach?

image.jpeg
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

Also his beach lol.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

ToddT wrote:Also his beach lol.

I would think that Mr. Prystay only owns the land down to the high water mark (think thats how it works). Nobody can deny access to all of the beach.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

lol, well we lack a tide here with our freshwater lakes so, the beach is his get over it.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

pentona wrote:
I would think that Mr. Prystay only owns the land down to the high water mark (think thats how it works). Nobody can deny access to all of the beach.

When you going skating or are you just complaining? Chances are the beach won't be too busy in the next three months.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

pentona wrote:

It is winter and the lake will be at one of it's lowest levels....are we sure the skating rink is not available to nudists! C'mon, at least ten of them could fit on there in there lawn chairs. About the same a a frozen backyard swimming pool.
Actually, following Prystays definition, there are tons of people in Penticton that when selling their homes, can now legitimately say they have back yard skating rinks in the winter.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Saw a little rink with nets set up on the pond on Eastside road, looked a lot better.
wanderingchef
Fledgling

Post by wanderingchef »

The reservoir up Arawana Rd. is an incredible outdoor rink if you can get to it!! A small outdoor rink in Penticton is better then what we had last winter.
mug99

Post by mug99 »

Jeez....don't you people have anything nice to say about anything? This guy does a good deed for the city and there you are knocking him down. It is small, hence the ten person limit. Ten people get an opportunity to enjoy themselves for an hour or so for free. Say thank you and let it alone!!
HIWATT

Post by HIWATT »

Garnet, South Skaha, Darke, Naramata... this year looks like it might be a bust but aside from that I'm out on ACRES of frozen lake every year.
It's free and I hardly every see anyone other than me and who i bring with me out...

why people are making a stink about this boggles my mind when all you have to do is drive down the road (even Eastside road has a few ponds that freeze over) to OK Falls and lace up.

:hailjo:

Return to “South Okanagan”