Penticton FireDept rescue boat

onestop67
Guru

Re: Penticton FireDept rescue boat

Post by onestop67 »

*removed*

The money for the new rescue boat has been raised. A lot of private donations made this happen, so quit whining about the cost, that will not come out of our taxes.

http://triathlonmagazine.ca/feature/itu ... community/

I have to point out that last week they were still $30,000.00 short of their goal. The Challenge Penticton group donated $30,000.00 to top it off. They did this donation quietly. No recognition or advertising opportunities were any part of their donation.

Different topic/off topic/related topic...to all those that bashed the Challenge Group when they replaced the Ironman in Penticton, go suck it. They have succeeded in replacing Ironman. This year we are lucky to be the host city of the ITU World Championships. Early estimates are that there will be 7500 athletes plus family, support teams, etc. visitors to Penticton in a 10 day period for this event.

That is all.
Last edited by ferri on Feb 7th, 2017, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to online news source other than Castanet.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

onestop67 wrote:
The money for the new rescue boat has been raised. A lot of private donations made this happen, so quit whining about the cost, that will not come out of our taxes.

Yup, that did it for me, all thumbs up now. :up: Congrats PFD! It's gonna be one heck of a nice boat and I hope it serves the department, and all the boaters on Okanagan well.
On a different forum
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Daspoot wrote:

Yup, that did it for me, all thumbs up now. :up: Congrats PFD! It's gonna be one heck of a nice boat and I hope it serves the department, and all the boaters on Okanagan well.

Yup,that did it for me too. Makes me think that this fund raising method should be employed more often by all Gov't supported agencies for wishlist items rather than going straight to the taxpayer for it. Kind of a user fee sort of thing where groups or specific users that are more likely to benefit from the very specialized resource pony up some cash. I like it.
Maybe the RCMP should take note?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”