Pot shops

madmudder
Board Meister

Pot shops

Post by madmudder »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/ ... s-approved

Difference in price of 100.00 an ounce. Black market will win everytime. Plus you can't find a GP doctor in this valley that will prescribe medical marijuana. Most people are buying from these pot shops illegally.
southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Pot shops

Post by southy »

madmudder wrote:http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/182939/2-dispensaries-approved

Difference in price of 100.00 an ounce. Black market will win everytime. Plus you can't find a GP doctor in this valley that will prescribe medical marijuana. Most people are buying from these pot shops illegally.

And you know this how?
Last edited by ferri on Dec 8th, 2016, 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Most people are buying from these pot shops illegally.
and your proof is?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

madmudder wrote:http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/182939/2-dispensaries-approved

You can walk into a pot shop in Vancouver and buy killer weed for $7 per gram. They have "sales" and incentives just like any other retailer. And you just walk in, chat, examine the product, and buy. Put it on the MasterCard if you want. Buy a joint, or buy an ounce. Roll it there and walk out. It is just like going into a tea shop.

It is full of 50+ year olds who wouldn't be able to, and no longer wish to, find a black market source. It's normal retail, in a comfortable environment. I have no idea what an ounce of really good black market stuff would cost so I don't know if your claim is correct. The shop price is $196/ounce, so your claim is black market for $96/oz. I don't want to say whether that it true or not, but I can say that I doubt it, and there wouldn't be the ability to chat about the different strains and look everything over to make the choice.

Like everything else, the convenience is worth the price for many. Or just the basic ability to buy it.

And, frankly, the quality is so good that a little goes a long way.
You and 71 others Like this post
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

The safety and security of the pot shops combined with the current overdose epidemic made me not even try to buy illegally while they were temporarily shut down by the city. I just waited until they opened back up.

Quite frankly in my experience, the legality of it is a moot point. It really does take it off the streets.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

no ones overdosing on pot
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

pot shop are black market street price 100.00 a ounce
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

people need remember , medicine and rec weed will be priced diff .
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

maryjane48 wrote:people need remember , medicine and rec weed will be priced diff .

I have to agree with that in a general sense. Specialty strains with less market demand, one would expect to cost more. I know the variety that my 86 yo mother uses for arthritis and bone pain relieve is bred to have very low psycho active qualities and costs about 50% more than strains that do.
I think the biggest problem with public conception of the product is they see all "weed" as being the same thing. It's not. To do so is as erroneous as saying all "headache" meds at the Pharmacy are the same. The difference between Bayer Aspirin, Tylenol, and Alieve is huge. Different chemical compounds altogether and people tolerate and benefit from them very differently.

As a side note.....my mother has two cupboards full of meds that were tried in the past five years that came from big pharmacy. She changed doctors a year ago and on my suggestion asked the doctor about trying Med Weed. The new doctor said it would not hurt to try and they did. It took four months of four different varieties with the help of a dispensary in Victoria to find one that worked really well. Far better than any Pharmacy drug ever came close to. The ultimate kicker to this story is ma's new doctor is a hijab wearing gal from Syria.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

you dont smoke medicine
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

steve mc wrote:you dont smoke medicine

Where in my post did I say ma smoked it?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

steve mc wrote:you dont smoke medicine

You don't deserve an opinion.

:up:
I am... the law!

Return to “South Okanagan”