Penticton Hospital's Dreadful Reputation

gsc
Board Meister

Re: Penticton Hospital's Dreadful Reputation

Post by gsc »

Its been a long time since I lived in Penticton but when I did I remember the hospital be so out dated. The parking sucked at the best of times. I have no idea what's its like now but hopefully better now.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

gsc wrote:Its been a long time since I lived in Penticton but when I did I remember the hospital be so out dated. The parking sucked at the best of times. I have no idea what's its like now but hopefully better now.

Parking sucks even more now, because of they're under construction. Our family has never had a bad experience there. Sure, the wait times in emerg can be long, and it's not nice when there's no bed available so your parent is in the hall, but they're working on that (which is why the parking sucks even more, and there's a plan for parking after that, but it will probably still suck. Sucks at every hospital I've been to in the last decade or so). The staffing problems are no different than when I had my babies in hospitals in other health regions, no different from the other hospitals I've been in in the last decade or so. But our experiences, like our attitudes and expectations, are not necessarily going to be the same as everyone else's. My two cents.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

rustled wrote:
gsc wrote:Its been a long time since I lived in Penticton but when I did I remember the hospital be so out dated. The parking sucked at the best of times. I have no idea what's its like now but hopefully better now.

Parking sucks even more now, because of they're under construction. Our family has never had a bad experience there. Sure, the wait times in emerg can be long, and it's not nice when there's no bed available so your parent is in the hall, but they're working on that (which is why the parking sucks even more, and there's a plan for parking after that, but it will probably still suck. Sucks at every hospital I've been to in the last decade or so). The staffing problems are no different than when I had my babies in hospitals in other health regions, no different from the other hospitals I've been in in the last decade or so. But our experiences, like our attitudes and expectations, are not necessarily going to be the same as everyone else's. My two cents.

It has been roughly 16 years since I lives there. Not that I moved far lol I'm now in Kelowna and that hospital has it's own issues haha but that's a whole nother topic.

I just remember it being completely out of date, small craped rooms, little staff and crappy parking lol.

Return to “South Okanagan”