Banned from OIB lands

Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Banned from OIB lands

Post by Rosemary1 »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#186487

This raises an interesting question. Mr Hargreaves is not a member of OIB and has been banned from OIB land as a result of his crimes. Now if he were a member of OIB and committed crimes outside of OIB lands could he be banned from entering areas outside of the OIB lands?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Banned from OIB lands

Post by Bsuds »

They would scream discrimination if that were the case!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Apples and Apricots, First Nations lands are private property, It's like saying if I ban you from my house, you can ban me from going outside.
On a different forum
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Daspoot wrote:Apples and Apricots, First Nations lands are private property, It's like saying if I ban you from my house, you can ban me from going outside.

Ya I agree with you but it would be nice if we could banish a few known prolific offenders to their own private property.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

I think that's called house arrest, or are you limiting your comments to be towards First Nations?
On a different forum
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Daspoot wrote:I think that's called house arrest, or are you limiting your comments to be towards First Nations?

That sounds like a bait. We can extradite criminals to their country of origin. If FN's are Nations as they claim, why can we not extradite their citizens back to their Nation and forbid them re entry? Rhetorical question obviously but it is an interesting quandary if one wants to claim Nation status.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Because they're Canadian that's why
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Oh man, where do I start....

Let's put it this way Twobits... Lets say ten years ago I burst through your front door, walked into your master bedroom and settle in. You sat What The eeeF! get out! I say, look you weren't really using your bedroom as you weren't in there "at the time", so you don't really own it and I'm gonna live here, and by the way I'm going to limit you to your unfinished basement as being "yours" and we'll share the kitchen and upstairs living room, oh, and by the way I'll pay you something sometime for what I'm taking. Ten years later I still haven't really settled up, but maybe thrown you a few bucks here and there. Did I mention that for a while I took your kids and put them in the back shed and had them taught my religion and language and a few of them got beaten and raped a bit. So come ten years later you still haven't seen the "settling up" I promised, but now some of my uneducated redneck buddies say, listen that dude in the basement is a bit bent out of shape and resentful and "acting up" and it's tough to concentrate on the hockey game, plus he spilled my nearly full beer last night, let's banish him from upstairs altogether. He'll be fine in the basement with "his kind" He's been a little touchy about us going into the basement lately anyway, so turn around is fair play right?

ps: in this made-up scenario, your post about banishing them to the reserve would be played by my uneducated, redneck friends, just so we're clear. I'm not suggesting you are overall uneducated, or a redneck, as most of your postings prove otherwise, but in this case, in context they look a little racist and show perhaps a less than ideal overall understanding of the situation.
On a different forum
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Daspoot wrote:Oh man, where do I start....

Let's put it this way Twobits... Lets say ten years ago I burst through your front door, walked into your master bedroom and settle in. You sat What The eeeF! get out! I say, look you weren't really using your bedroom as you weren't in there "at the time", so you don't really own it and I'm gonna live here, and by the way I'm going to limit you to your unfinished basement as being "yours" and we'll share the kitchen and upstairs living room, oh, and by the way I'll pay you something sometime for what I'm taking. Ten years later I still haven't really settled up, but maybe thrown you a few bucks here and there. Did I mention that for a while I took your kids and put them in the back shed and had them taught my religion and language and a few of them got beaten and raped a bit. So come ten years later you still haven't seen the "settling up" I promised, but now some of my uneducated redneck buddies say, listen that dude in the basement is a bit bent out of shape and resentful and "acting up" and it's tough to concentrate on the hockey game, plus he spilled my nearly full beer last night, let's banish him from upstairs altogether. He'll be fine in the basement with "his kind" He's been a little touchy about us going into the basement lately anyway, so turn around is fair play right?

ps: in this made-up scenario, your post about banishing them to the reserve would be played by my uneducated, redneck friends, just so we're clear. I'm not suggesting you are overall uneducated, or a redneck, as most of your postings prove otherwise, but in this case, in context they look a little racist and show perhaps a less than ideal overall understanding of the situation.

You got a little too serious about it. It was really just an observation and search for the definition of "nation status" not just from the perspective of entitled rights of Nationhood, which it seems is all the is ever really discussed, but also required obligations of Nationhood's in a collective society.
I have a feeling this will degenerate very quickly with observers focused on past injustices rather than focusing on a discussion of putting the past where it belongs and moving forward for everyones collective benefit. Too much fish soup so far.

gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Rosemary1 wrote:http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-186487-21-.htm#186487

This raises an interesting question. Mr Hargreaves is not a member of OIB and has been banned from OIB land as a result of his crimes. Now if he were a member of OIB and committed crimes outside of OIB lands could he be banned from entering areas outside of the OIB lands?

yes

I happen to know one from WFN
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

gman313 wrote:

yes

I happen to know one from WFN

I am suspect about that claim. It would at the very least require some kind of court order and since that would be a public record, I would love for you to provide it. I doubt you can as "banished to the reserve" would have been National headlines we would have heard about in the media from the FN protests that would have occurred.

gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

twobits wrote:
I am suspect about that claim. It would at the very least require some kind of court order and since that would be a public record, I would love for you to provide it. I doubt you can as "banished to the reserve" would have been National headlines we would have heard about in the media from the FN protests that would have occurred.

you are welcome to be suspect all you want. and no court order required on OIB lands
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

If he's banned from OIB lands, how the HELL is he supposed to go to prison?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “South Okanagan”