City cheers pot ruling by Courts

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: City cheers pot ruling by Courts

Post by Anonymous123 »

This is not vegetables we are talking about. There's no need for large plots of land. A few plants in pots on a balcony will save you thousands.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Drip_Torch wrote:Oh great! Now look what you've gone and done Daspoot. I'm going to end up being stuck on probation, in a place to stay forever. (shaking my head.)

Sorry Drip. My dyslexia showing up again.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Tony wrote:
That's not what I said. IF you are a registered business, then you have a Business number, which you use to submit your PST and GST. IF you are an individual ie: my buggy whip repair, and working as an DBA, then you only declare your income on your personal income tax. IF you are in a business, such as selling pot, shoes, cars or whatever, and you are going to be making over $30k a year, then you HAVE to register and submit taxes. My statement was, that there is a lot of buzz about how much money these stores make, that they will be making over $30k, and therefore MUST be registered. I wasn't talking about anything else other than the pot shops, which this thread is about.

Sorry but it is what what you said. Your previous post.......

Marijuana is past a controlled substance, it's actually still illegal. If people use the "it's medicinal" excuse, then let the Drug Stores sell it with a prescription from your doctor. The current pot shops will sell you product if you produce picture ID stating you are over 21. It's nothing more than an excuse to sell pot out of a store rather than on the street corner.
Since they don't have business licenses they aren't pay taxes either - which, I'm sure, is also sticking in every level of Government's throat.

Please explain the portion highlighted in red then? A City Business license has no bearing whatsoever on whether a business has an assigned Business Number or not. CRA doesn't give a rats butt if you are earning money without a City Business license. If the DBA or private individual is earning less than 30k per yr....no need to collect or remit GST. PST must be collected on all goods that are subject to the tax unless you are a designated "small seller" You can look that up if you like but anyone that operates out of a business location or even home based business out of their garage is subject to collecting and remitting PST from the one dollar level so all of these shops have to collect PST and remit it.
Bottom line Tony is that I think we can be fairly confidant that these pot shops, even without City of Penticton business licenses are paying both GST and PST. It is one thing for these few renegades to snub their noses at the City, but quite another issue to snub CRA or the BC Ministry of Finance. If anything, I would say with a fair degree of certainty, that all pot shops are very high on the radar or both CRA and the Province for tax compliance. They are way more interested in these businesses than even the RCMP.
And in the end, is it not better that there is tax revenue coming in from these businesses compared to what is collected from sales by the crack heads in parking lots and back alley's for the Hell's Angels?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

It's quite simple twobits. If they don't have a registered company, which, since they project sales of more than $30k, then they are more than likely not registered to pay taxes. If is the operative word here. I'm not sure how you get a registered business selling illegal products. Once again, if that's the case, then set up a fentanyl free crack house.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

wheres your proof of no taxes being paid ? . the reality is the licsenced producers do not want to sell directly to patients . they want sell wholesale . every store i been to sold product from the licesced producers simply because if you sell a tested product you will outsell a place that doesnt .

opiods are illegal yet pharmacy can sell to anyone with note from a doctor . wheres the outcry over that ?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Tony wrote:It's quite simple twobits. If they don't have a registered company, which, since they project sales of more than $30k, then they are more than likely not registered to pay taxes. If is the operative word here. I'm not sure how you get a registered business selling illegal products. Once again, if that's the case, then set up a fentanyl free crack house.

For lords sake Tony. The taxation authorities are only concerned about the proper declaration of revenue. The legality of their activity is none of their concern. They will and do collect taxation from prostitution from massage parlors and brothels. The enforcment of the activity is not their job. It is the Police Department"s.
And I am certain that the taxation authorities would care less about a crack house or a fentenyl house either. The cops probably would though.

pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Interesting decision by the town of Enderby. Perhaps they looked at what Penticton council is doing and deciding that "We're not goin there". Not until its legal, anyways.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#190918
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

its either illegal or legal the federal government is the ones for this mess they better get this fixed criminal should have made enough by now to move on.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

I'm sure COP is saying the same thing [icon_lol2.gif]
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

RCMP work for the local drug dealers.

They just pushed all that business right back out onto the street.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Atomoa wrote:
RCMP work for the local drug dealers.

They just pushed all that business right back out onto the street.

No they didn't. Medical weed is still readily and easily available. It's just not as convenient with these shops closed. My 87 yr old mother has never been to any one of these shops and has always regularly received her monthly supply via a Courrier thru Health Canada approved vendors and her Doctor's prescription like clockwork and will continue to do so.

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol keystone cops running around like bunch of bumbling fools . we d9 not pay the rcmp to waste money on this garbage . they should be ashamed and booted out of pentictan . royal canadian money pilfers

Return to “South Okanagan”