Elections bring out so many questions!

southy
Lord of the Board

Elections bring out so many questions!

Post by southy »

I noticed that Tarik Sayeed was at the dedication of the Muriel Frank city hall bench. Found it rather interesting in that was he representing the city? Or the NDP party? Since he is on a leave of absence from his city position this must mean he was there representing the NDP. Kinda confusing? Oh wait - I get it - it was a photo op!! Unbelievable!!
XT225
Lord of the Board

Re: Elections bring out so many questions!

Post by XT225 »

southy wrote:I noticed that Tarik Sayeed was at the dedication of the Muriel Frank city hall bench. Found it rather interesting in that was he representing the city? Or the NDP party? Since he is on a leave of absence from his city position this must mean he was there representing the NDP. Kinda confusing? Oh wait - I get it - it was a photo op!! Unbelievable!!

I wasn't there to see that, Southy, but I did see the photo of him on scene. I would hope he would have brains enough NOT to hand out NDP leaflets, etc; wasn't the time or place. He can attend as a private citizen but has no business being there trying to bolster his Provincial chances (which are slim to none). Useless on city council and would be just as bad or worse in Victoria. I despise Ashton and I wouldn't ever vote for him but this guy is even worse (if thats possible).
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

XT225 wrote:Useless on city council and would be just as bad or worse in Victoria.

Yes, but once one progresses above municipal politics "useless" is in the job description. Party policy replaces pesky little things like personal initiative and voter representation. It's just a waiting/hoping game until when and if that gold-plated pension kicks in.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

XT225 wrote:
I wasn't there to see that, Southy, but I did see the photo of him on scene. I would hope he would have brains enough NOT to hand out NDP leaflets, etc; wasn't the time or place. He can attend as a private citizen but has no business being there trying to bolster his Provincial chances (which are slim to none). Useless on city council and would be just as bad or worse in Victoria. I despise Ashton and I wouldn't ever vote for him but this guy is even worse (if thats possible).

So you face a real dilemma then. Waste your vote or risk someone like Sayeed being elected. It's been my dilemma too now for the past 20 yrs. The problem is no viable option forces me to vote for the lessor of evils.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

So I guess you never attend all-candidates forums. If you did, you'd know that Connnie Sahlmark is a very viable option. Contrary to popular belief, B.C. is NOT a 2-party province.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

She may be however, is the party really a viable option? If this election they were to get in (hypothetically) do you honestly believe they have the people and resources to create positive change?? Unfortunately, I haven't seen or heard enough information to convince me. Perhaps you know more than some of us, care to share.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

lasnomadas wrote:So I guess you never attend all-candidates forums. If you did, you'd know that Connnie Sahlmark is a very viable option. Contrary to popular belief, B.C. is NOT a 2-party province.

I don't know what all candidate forum you went to or what kind of disillusionment you are clinging to but BC IS a two party province. You may not like that reality but I do recognize that reality. I predict a max 2 green seats....prolly just one.....so fill yer boots with your vote.
And IMHO, some version of a Conservative party will emerge and form the next BC gov't before the Green Party ever does. Even that is a long shot in the next decade.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”