Washroom for downtown!

southy
Lord of the Board

Washroom for downtown!

Post by southy »

Today on Castanet: https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... s-downtown

A washroom or better yet public washrooms are definitely needed in the downtown core. That being said .. I think the powers that be at city hall need to come to the realization that downtown Penticton does not exist just in the 200 block. Why the hell would they put a public washroom in the alleyway in the 200 block when there are already public washrooms at Gyro Park and Okanagan Park. The problem area is from the 5-4 and 300 blocks. Last time I checked I believe they are considered downtown! No public washrooms period. Question is why??? Here is Penticton marketing itself as a tourist destination. Spouting it's wonderfulness because of it's downtown market and yet this city seems to be one of very few who do not offer public washrooms. Hell, look at Oliver - public washrooms. Osoyoos ... public washrooms from one end of town to the other., Penticton ... nope!! Again I ask why not! How do the powers that be at city hall not see this need. Unbelievable. The new washroom itself kind of looks like a washroom you would find at any provincial park. I came across the following from Nelson, they are moving forward with a new state of the art washroom for their downtown.

http://www.nelsonstar.com/news/nelson-t ... -washroom/

Very nice! So a city of approximately 10,000 people can move forward with the above and yet Penticton which is more than three times the size still can't get it right. And there lies the reality - something ain't right!!
What_the
Übergod

Re: Washroom for downtown!

Post by What_the »

What public washroom in Oliver. Where? I haven't seen one. I'm there, here, right now.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Three that I know of. In the park. The info centre by the bike trail and another at the kids park by the river.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Oh, gotcha, I thought you meant "Down town" lol
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

And now all I hear in my head is George costanza mulling the words of the song.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Really all three could be considered downtown. One only has to walk a short distance off the Main strip :D
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

What_the wrote:Oh, gotcha, I thought you meant "Down town" lol

The Chevron and 7/11 are Oliver's downtown biffies. Right there that is 2 more than the 100 to 600 blk of Penticton can boast.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hopefully this washroom will be cheaper then one built at Kelowna City Park. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

twobits wrote:
What_the wrote:Oh, gotcha, I thought you meant "Down town" lol

The Chevron and 7/11 are Oliver's downtown biffies. Right there that is 2 more than the 100 to 600 blk of Penticton can boast.

I can't speak for Penticton as I only lived there for 8 months, but since I have family in Oliver, I know it fairly well. I think of the Indian restaurant at north end to the strip mall/RCMP station south end, as down town.

And 7-11 is the centre haha
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

southy wrote:Three that I know of. In the park. The info centre by the bike trail and another at the kids park by the river.

The one in the park in Oliver is often a filthy mess from transients that have no respect for the community providing a public washroom. I predict the same fate for this new washroom in downtown Penticton.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

GordonH wrote:Hopefully this washroom will be cheaper then one built at Kelowna City Park. lol

Last I heard, they are going to be 50k. Hope they have heated seats for that coin lol.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Bunnyhop wrote:
southy wrote:Three that I know of. In the park. The info centre by the bike trail and another at the kids park by the river.

The one in the park in Oliver is often a filthy mess from transients that have no respect for the community providing a public washroom. I predict the same fate for this new washroom in downtown Penticton.

And there's many Quebecers here. Sometimes I wonder we all belong to the same nation?
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

What exactly are you insinuating with regard to Quebecers???? Are they different than say folks from Alberta, Ontario, Washington State or even your local Oliverites. Please explain What_the.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

southy wrote:What exactly are you insinuating with regard to Quebecers???? Are they different than say folks from Alberta, Ontario, Washington State or even your local Oliverites. Please explain What_the.

They can be vagrants at times. Any hitchhiker I've picked up I
Is from qb. They look like bums often, Have ropes for collars around the dogs they have sweltering in the heat, work the orchards for a bag of weed or case of beer, camp in the parks, and take over every summer.

My family has lived in Oliver since 94, I've seen it, I've lived it.

Not painting all with the same brush. Met some awesome qb, but by and large, they are the transients around here.

Just sayin.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

I wear swim shorts downtown in any of our three valley cities.
That way a washroom is only a dip away.

:runforlife:

Return to “South Okanagan”