Woman Sues City of Penticton

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Woman Sues City of Penticton

Post by Anonymous123 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/205616/Woman-sues-city-over-fall

This happened at Ribfest. Im sure she's not the only one that used the stairs. Why is she the only one that fell? Too much time in the beer gardens?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
seewood
Guru

Re: Woman Sues City of Penticton

Post by seewood »

I just saw the post on Castanet and noticed no comments were allowed after the story. Discuss in Forums...

OK lets discuss.
At first light....
What a load of BS. Why these people snivel and expect someone else to offer money for their ineptness is absolutely astounding. Really goes to show their contempt for people and the system that is trying to offer an experience 99.9% of the people enjoy.
A kid hurts themselves at a playground and it is usually " suck it up buttercup" Life is full of bumps and bruises.
I hope this case goes to court and not settled behind closed doors. I want to know their socio- economic position, I want to know their fitness level, I want to know if they were in the beer garden, I want to know how many managed to navigate those stairs successfully when she could not....
I have been sued by a frivolous claim from someone with a history of suing when they feel money is the answer. ( not successfully mind you) and it is a complete waste of time and effort.
I hope the lawyers fight this and not capitulate and settle out of court, sets a lousy precedent if they do settle out of court. Settling will just encourage others with sprained ankles to sue......

Now saying that, if her ankles were an integral part of her work and in fact could not go to work because of them being buggered for a bit, perhaps some compensation if she does not have lost time insurance for lost wages might be in order but that is about it.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Unfortunately I think with cases like this, you may have to sic James Miller and staff onto City Hall to go through Freedom of Information because it is unlikely city hall will divulge any information publically as it could open a can of worms to further lawsuits in the future.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Not the first time someone is suing City of Penticton, more then likely not last time.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=68986&hilit=sues+penticton
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that this woman is not Canadian. She's either from the USofA or Germany.
buttreyphillips

Post by buttreyphillips »

Oh brother - if you trip over a gravelled pathway are you gonna sue because some rocks where a little higher than others. Like one other poster said "suck it up buttercup" Sounds to me like she's trying to get free money. Don't settle City of Penticton or others will come walking through your door.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Cactusflower wrote:I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that this woman is not Canadian. She's either from the USofA or Germany.

Yup you could be on to something there Cactusflower. Could have even been what's her name? You know Ivanka from the U.S. think she was wearing her high heels. Now that makes perfect sense doesn't it? I mean she did wear heels to Tview the flood damage in Texas. Maybe just maybe it was someone from Penticton... Kelowna ... Vernon ... Vancouver .. OK Falls ... Ollaha ... yea bet she was from Ollaha. What a stretch Cactus - a woman falls and you think she has to be a foreigner. How cool is that? NOT!!
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

We live in a society where nobody takes responsibility for their actions anymore. Blame everyone else.

Someone mentioned kids and playgrounds in an earlier post. Remember this gem: http://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/father-suing-city-kamloops-playground-injury/
jadebing

Post by jadebing »

crazy
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

I would suspect her husband or other close relative is a lawyer. It's people like this that drive up the cost of insurance premiums for everyone.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

I would also like to see what kind of shoes she was wearing. Maybe she should sue the shoe manufacturer.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

The word that free money is available is getting around. Now someone from Summerland trying it:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ewalk-fall
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

buttreyphillips wrote:Oh brother - if you trip over a gravelled pathway are you gonna sue because some rocks where a little higher than others. Like one other poster said "suck it up buttercup" Sounds to me like she's trying to get free money. Don't settle City of Penticton or others will come walking through your door.

Did you mean, Come LIMPING thru your door ?
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Did you mean, Come LIMPING thru your door ?

HAH!!!

I just figure it's like the 80's...we were always a bit behind the U.S. of A. I remember bringing back a CD player from my Uncle in LA two years before they were available here.

So now it's the frivolous lawsuits. We've all been reading about people in the US suing for anything and everything. Now it's our turn!

If you need any more info about this, or just want to waste more of the courts time, call me at 1-800-AMBULANCE_CHASER
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Ahhh. The American dream.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “South Okanagan”