Lack of Respect

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Lack of Respect

Post by Anonymous123 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/210641/Lack-of-respect-for-elders

I would hope this is an isolated event and not indicative of the attitude held by hockey parents in Penticton.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Lack of Respect

Post by GordonH »

A :cuss: holes will always be unfortunately a :cuss: holes, sorry these people happen to find some.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

These are the same type of "adults" who expect their offspring to make the NHL and will teach them to be ignorant little A :cuss: s as well.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Anonymous123 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/210641/Lack-of-respect-for-elders

I would hope this is an isolated event and not indicative of the attitude held by hockey parents in Penticton.

Unfortunately I do not believe this is an isolated event. I used to go watch my nephews from Salmon Arm play when they came to town. No more due to complete and utter ignorance of both Salmon Arm parents and those from Penticton and other cities. How can this cycle of ignorance change when the kids on and off the ice are subjected to cruel judgements. There were times when I wished I was 6 foot 5 and 250 pounds ... Seems like nothing short of a cuff across the side of the head will make these :cuss: :cuss: understand. This may sound out of line, however, I have tried talking them ...not a pleasant experience.
Last edited by southy on Nov 5th, 2017, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Simple solution...ban parents from the games....

Doubt if that would go over well when it makes the news cycle. Perhaps then, courtesy would become important and behavior might improve.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Seewood that has happened yet the cycle continues.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

And this is indeed an unpleasant event IF the story from the one side is 100% true. My experience has shown that many times those who complain the loudest are the ones at fault. As only one side has been told I will wait to hear from anyone else that was there that was part of this event. Until then I will not vilify people based on one persons possibly slanted view. I've been burned before defending someone without knowing the whole story. Never again.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

seewood wrote:Simple solution...ban parents from the games....

Doubt if that would go over well when it makes the news cycle. Perhaps then, courtesy would become important and behavior might improve.

I believe this happened on the Island a while back; parents were banned for a while for bad behaviour (how childish). I see it in not just hockey but Soccer as well. Parents go nuts on the sidelines, yelling and screaming while the kids on the field are just trying to have fun. Doesn't set a very good example.
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

southy wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/210641/Lack-of-respect-for-elders

Unfortunately I do not believe this is an isolated event. I used to go watch my nephews from Salmon Arm play when they came to town. No more due to complete and utter ignorance of both Salmon Arm parents and those from Penticton and other cities. How can this cycle of ignorance change when the kids on and off the ice are subjected to cruel judgements. There were times when I wished I was 6 foot 5 and 250 pounds ... Seems like nothing short of a cuff across the side of the head will make these :cuss: :cuss: understand. This may sound out of line, however, I have tried talking them ...not a pleasant experience.

I am 6'8 and 280 pounds and let me tell you it doesn't matter with these idiots. Some Hockey parents are the worst parents on the planet, they have utterly zero comprehension of consequences for their actions and believe they are immune, so unless you want to risk assault charges it's best to just avoid them.

In this case however if I was there I would have certainly needed to walk up that aisle and over/through that *bleep* hat trying to intimidate a little of old lady, pathetic.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “South Okanagan”