Crime rate

twobits
Guru

Crime rate

Post by twobits »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... in-country

Violent crimes are down but B'nE's and property crime are way up. I don't think there is much coincidence to the largest spike in these crimes is a 2 km radius from the converted Motels for social housing. In the South end of town, with the conversion of the old Hansel and Gretal and Bel Air Motel, complexes such as Tiffany Gardens, Dauphin Park, Caravilla Estates, The Springs, and Sandbridge now have virtually nightly vehicle, shed, and garage break in's that were non existent just a cpl of yrs ago.
I have personally watched video tape from several of these places and all it takes is a ball cap and a bandanna covering up to the nose, and the RCMP just say "we can't identify them....call your insurance company". These criminals actually see the video camera's and look directly at them knowing nothing will happen because the rules of identification gives them carte blanche to do what they want unless they are caught with stolen goods in hand. And at 3 or 4 am, they see the headlights coming and toss the booty. Again, no proof.
Don't waste your money on video camera's. Invest in a fence and a dog that will alert and deter because these crack heads look for soft targets
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Crime rate

Post by Anonymous123 »

There's a Facebook page dedicated to this. Penticton Scammers and Thieves.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#212696

Huge number of break-ins in West Kelowna. Face it, they have all day to plan, plot and scam their way into buildings, complexes and single family dwellings. When you're not employed by a legitimate job that is.

What can people do to protect themselves and their property because we know the laws aren't incentive enough for these bas terds.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
OkPundit

Post by OkPundit »

I see the COP Mayor and Council intend to fund 5 new RCMP officers by 2020 with one new position in 2018.
Will it be enough to address the ever increasing crime in Penticton? And , I guess the new Mayor and Council of COP in the fall of 2018 will determine the final plan as it seems so very remote that the current Mayor and Council will be re elected .
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

OkPundit wrote:I see the COP Mayor and Council intend to fund 5 new RCMP officers by 2020 with one new position in 2018.Will it be enough to address the ever increasing crime in Penticton? And , I guess the new Mayor and Council of COP in the fall of 2018 will determine the final plan as it seems so very remote that the current Mayor and Council will be re elected .

More officers might mean a full complement when others are off for whatever the reason. The RCMP can arrest this scum as many times as they can and present a good case to the crown for prosecution, however the judge is the one to hand out penance.
That seems to be the problem today," bad boy/girl don't do it again, see you next week".
I thought New York arrested the prolific baddies and sent them away for a decent term. Before long the repeat offenders were locked away and property crime went way down.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Looks like you are sitting in #16 as far a Dangerous Cities, which is higher then Kelowna. That is shocking as one tends to think smaller centers are lower in crime in most cases.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Ken7 wrote:Looks like you are sitting in #16 as far a Dangerous Cities, which is higher then Kelowna. That is shocking as one tends to think smaller centers are lower in crime in most cases.

That's only true in the USA. In Canada, it's the opposite.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Glacier wrote:That's only true in the USA. In Canada, it's the opposite.

Interesting comment that I actually believe. Do you have any links to support that though?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

twobits wrote:

Interesting comment that I actually believe. Do you have any links to support that though?

I'm going by deductive reasoning and anecdotal evidence. IQ is pretty much the major factor when figuring out if a group of people will commit a crime. In the USA, they have largely imported into the cities from low IQ places in the world while Canada has imported from high IQ places. In addition, smaller Canadian cities you also have a high first nations population.

Also, look at the list, the ones at the top are small cities.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

It is still that way in Saskatchewan, they tend to deal with it there themselves if there is a lack of Police presence.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Glac trys to perpetuate the bigoted idea thst first nations equal crime ?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

maryjane48 wrote:Glac trys to perpetuate the bigoted idea thst first nations equal crime ?

No, he's only reporting real statistics. And when you hear them, you don't like them. Then you try to justify the numbers as racial instead of FN's taking some ownership for their own outcomes in life.
There are way more FN people that thrive in today's world than fail. You just like to blame the failures on the fact that whites moved to North America.
Smallpox I will agree with. Populating the prisons for bad personal choices I will not.

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Lol. That would be like me saying white trash text a drive more
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Aboriginal adults account for one in four admissions to provincial/territorial correctional services
In 2015/2016,
Aboriginal adultsNote 22Note 23 were overrepresented in admissions to provincial and territorial correctional services, as they accounted for 26% of admissionsNote 24 while representing about 3% of the Canadian adult populationNote 25 (Table 5). The findings for provincial and territorial custodial admissions (27%) were similar to community admissions (24%).
Aboriginal adults in federal correctional services accounted for 28% of admissions to custody and 26% to community supervision in 2015/2016.
The overrepresentation of Aboriginal adults was more pronounced for females than males. Aboriginal females accounted for 38% of female admissions to provincial and territorial sentenced custody, while the comparable figure for Aboriginal males was 26%. In the federal correctional services, Aboriginal females accounted for 31% of female admissions to sentenced custody, while the figure for Aboriginal males was 23%.

https://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/ ... 00-eng.htm
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “South Okanagan”