Mayor Jak to seek re-election

southy
Lord of the Board

Mayor Jak to seek re-election

Post by southy »

Not kidding folks ... Will post link shortly. :cuss: now I'm depressed. Holy :cuss:
southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Mayor Jak to seek re-election

Post by southy »

Here is link to the story: Should be interesting times ahead.

http://www.pentictonherald.ca/news/arti ... 01add.html
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

It seems clear that the size of the stones hanging between his legs exceeds the size of the matter between his ears.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Drove through Penticton the other day. Noticed the liquor store at the Cherry Lane shopping centre is called JAKS Beer Wine and Spirits. Is that owned by the mayor?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

^^ [icon_lol2.gif]
Nope but the runner up last time owns a liqour store near Wally Mart. I do believe.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Anonymous123 wrote:Drove through Penticton the other day. Noticed the liquor store at the Cherry Lane shopping centre is called JAKS Beer Wine and Spirits. Is that owned by the mayor?

Never noticed the name on the building before now. Perhaps he has bought into the business, knowing full well that he will likely be "out of office" next November. [icon_lol2.gif]
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

The more I look at this group, listen to them I can't help seeing the arrogance in them. I tend to think they forget they are elected representatives of this community. The arrogance starts at the top and trickles down throughout the big building on Main. Noticed The Weeb (aka Peter Weeber) has been some what quiet lately. Wonder what's up with that? Maybe he's backed off being the voice of city hall since they've hired their new communications person. Wondering has anyone heard anything from this new hire? Civic politics .. Unbelievable.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

JagXKR wrote:^^ [icon_lol2.gif]
Nope but the runner up last time owns a liqour store near Wally Mart. I do believe.

And it seems to pay the rent and succeed in doing business. Unlike a record store business on the 200 blk Main St with 250k of taxpayer improvements in front of it teetering on bankruptcy protection. Looks like the owner is looking for another 50k/yr pay cheque for 4 yrs to keep the lights on while he wait for downtown to become flooded with consumers revitalizing the businesses that are only there right now because they have cheap rent in decrepit old buildings with taxpayer funded lipstick in front of them.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

twobits wrote:
JagXKR wrote:^^ [icon_lol2.gif]

And it seems to pay the rent and succeed in doing business. Unlike a record store business on the 200 blk Main St with 250k of taxpayer improvements in front of it teetering on bankruptcy protection. Looks like the owner is looking for another 50k/yr pay cheque for 4 yrs to keep the lights on while he wait for downtown to become flooded with consumers revitalizing the businesses that are only there right now because they have cheap rent in decrepit old buildings with taxpayer funded lipstick in front of them.

I'm not disagreeing, but realize who owns a lot of the decrepit old buildings with cheap rent.... oh ya... that's right. He owns a liquor store at Wally Mart....
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Tony, seems to me Vas dropped more than a few $$ on the location of his wine restaurant along with his newly renovated downtown mall in the former night club building. So I suggest before you throw out off the cuff comments you might want to look at what is really going on. And as I'm sure you are aware, there are other bigger real estate players whose buildings really need work, yet they choose to do nothing.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Listen, Penticton is a 100 million dollar plus per yr business. That is an undeniable fact. The other undeniable fact is that to be at the top of such a business, and in a position that can actually dictate to the CAO, requires someone with some business acumen. Now seriously ask yourselves if you think a guy like Jak has a resume and business history that warrants being the head of a corp with a 100 million plus budget? He would do fine as a salesman for the downtown merchants org or organizing a hockey or bike event, but running a City is way out of his wheelhouse.
I thought Kimberly and Perry were sad Mayors because of their strong affiliations with the CUPE and BCTF, but Jak has set a new low bar limit in cranial capacity required to be a Mayor. I am actually embarrassed that he is our Mayor.

whattaday

Post by whattaday »

Also drove through Penticton a few weeks ago - and after reading the mayor’s comments on how he’s taken care of aging infrastructure- I wanted to inquire.. Where has he taken care of it? Driving past Safeway to Main St, it looks like a decrepit, depressing little town. Many people there seem to be depressed, and I wonder what the city spends their money on? Would be nice if they worked on the middle of the town, rather than the two beach ends. I grew up there, and would not even come back for the cheaper mortgage; it does not have the allure of “stable economic growth”
cool story, bro
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

whattaday wrote:Also drove through Penticton a few weeks ago - and after reading the mayor’s comments on how he’s taken care of aging infrastructure- I wanted to inquire.. Where has he taken care of it? Driving past Safeway to Main St, it looks like a decrepit, depressing little town. Many people there seem to be depressed, and I wonder what the city spends their money on? Would be nice if they worked on the middle of the town, rather than the two beach ends. I grew up there, and would not even come back for the cheaper mortgage; it does not have the allure of “stable economic growth”

All that from a "drive-by" ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

whattaday wrote:Also drove through Penticton a few weeks ago - and after reading the mayor’s comments on how he’s taken care of aging infrastructure- I wanted to inquire.. Where has he taken care of it? Driving past Safeway to Main St, it looks like a decrepit, depressing little town. Many people there seem to be depressed, and I wonder what the city spends their money on? Would be nice if they worked on the middle of the town, rather than the two beach ends. I grew up there, and would not even come back for the cheaper mortgage; it does not have the allure of “stable economic growth”

And I strongly second all the above. Found the parking changes story on Castanet kind of left me scratching my head. Is there something else happening downtown that the city is not being totally transparent about. Wait a second .. this group stood on the platform of transparency how silly of me. I love Twobits line regarding downtown revite because it is so accurate. They spend upteen hundreds on infrastructure work and through a few pennies at putting that beautiful lipstick on the pig. I would love to be able to sit in during one of this councils closed sessions to hear what that conversation really sounds like. Unbelievable all I can say. But hey who knows maybe Mayor Jak or Ms. Sentes will be voted in as mayor and with their previous four years of experience and knowledge they might be able to offer the tax paying citizens of Penticton something greater than __________ _______________ ___________________ fill the blanks.
weedlover

Post by weedlover »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 3rd, 2017, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Potentially Libelous

Return to “South Okanagan”