I feel safer already!

southy
Lord of the Board

I feel safer already!

Post by southy »

So Mayor Jak says the city is going to get rid of ....flagrant social deviances. Sure glad I have google - wasn't quite sure what he meant [icon_lol2.gif]. Election time coming folks. City council stays mom on this subject for the past 3.5 years and all of sudden they become vocal. Ya right. Mayor Jak's comments had to be written by either their new Communicatons dude or the Weeb cause that's simply not the mayor's vocabulary. Also, isn't this a nice move to take focus away from "The Paul" situation? It's going to get very very interesting .. can't wait for those individuals with a few smarts to bring their name forward and do battle with this Mayor and Council. Get the popcorn and beer out :smt045

Here is link to full story: https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#218379
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Re: I feel safer already!

Post by Jhunter199 »

Who would have thought that a 4 year problem that has continued to escalate was really so simple to fix all along. [icon_lol2.gif]
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

southy wrote:flagrant social deviances.

He was definitely coached on that phrase. Nine syllables in three words? The most common three syllable word he has ever used in public before is Granfondo.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well come to soft on crime all over canada , that's what happens when we give them , free food, a free paycheque to buy drugs, hell some so called educated want to give them free drugs and housing now, no reason to change everything is going to be free, where do i sign up
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Jakubeit said staff are fleshing out a plan that will allow council to formally vote on shifting resources toward the downtown.

Do ya think!! How about suggesting that speed traps in obvious locations like in front of the airport heading south and hiding around corners to nab someone without a seatbelt are not solving the crime in the City but rather a revenue source generator. Three members at each one at 90k per yr in wages with pension instead of dealing with crime. Total misdirection of resources IMO.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Hello...,
Oh, hi yeah, it's me Drip...,
Yeah, I'd like to report some flagrant social deviances ...
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Drip_Torch wrote:Hello...,
Oh, hi yeah, it's me Drip...,
Yeah, I'd like to report some flagrant social deviances ...

I would be interested in the definition of "flagrant social deviances" as coined by Mayor Jak? Would that be the Gyro Park social club hanging out in front of the GrooveYard or the people parking on the residential streets outside of downtown without a City paid residential parking pass that became necessary because of the reduced parking downtown and shopping at the Grooveyard??

southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

I really hadn't bothered to figure out what mayor Jak or his writer/s were trying to really say so took time to look up meaning of flagrant social deviances ....

fla·grant

adjective: flagrant
(of something considered wrong or immoral) conspicuously or obviously offensive.
"his flagrant bad taste"
synonyms: blatant, glaring, obvious, overt, conspicuous, barefaced, shameless, brazen, undisguised, unconcealed; More
outrageous, scandalous, shocking, disgraceful, dreadful, terrible, gross

"it was a flagrant distortion of the facts

In sociology, deviance describes an action or behavior that violates social norms, including a formally enacted rule (e.g., crime), as well as informal violations of social norms (e.g., rejecting folkways and mores).

I don't know - perhaps these wonderful words could be used to describe some of the action or inaction of the mayor and/or council depending on the given day [icon_lol2.gif] Really have to wonder who writes this stuff?

Return to “South Okanagan”