Hotel on the Naramata Bench?

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Hotel on the Naramata Bench?

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... mata-bench

AKA: The next battle.

Will Naramata allow a 20 suite hotel to edge it's way in and onto agricultural areas? Note I said "area" because this hotel is supposedly unproductive bedrock. Which means blasting to make room for the foundations etc.

Yes or No?

Who is going to win or lose, this one?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
pentona
Übergod

Re: Hotel on the Naramata Bench?

Post by pentona »

The story is somewhat misleading. Its not in Naramata; in fact still well within the city of Penticton limits. Off of Naramata Road, onto Poplar Grove road. The village of Naramata has no say in the matter. Hope it proceeds; what a great spot for it. :up:
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

pentona wrote:The story is somewhat misleading. Its not in Naramata; in fact still well within the city of Penticton limits. Off of Naramata Road, onto Poplar Grove road. The village of Naramata has no say in the matter. Hope it proceeds; what a great spot for it.

Exactly. What a misleading headline.
Naramata would not be able to have a development like that without dealing with the septic issues to neighbours desires...no smell.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

seewood wrote:
Exactly. What a misleading headline.
Naramata would not be able to have a development like that without dealing with the septic issues to neighbours desires...no smell.

Not taking a side here but there is no sanitary sewer at the proposed location either. That also means begs, should it be denied because there isn't? After all, the entire community of Naramata is on septic. So is Kaleden. So is Lakeshore Highlands and Heritage Hills yada yada.
Is a 20 room Hotel with 20 acres of land gonna make a significant difference?
And BTW, if you can smell a septic installation.....there is something wrong with it.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Giants Head
Fledgling

Post by Giants Head »

Part of this proposal is a sewer main extension that will connect to the Penticton city sewer system.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

twobits wrote:Not taking a side here but there is no sanitary sewer at the proposed location either. That also means begs, should it be denied because there isn't? After all, the entire community of Naramata is on septic. So is Kaleden. So is Lakeshore Highlands and Heritage Hills yada yada.Is a 20 room Hotel with 20 acres of land gonna make a significant difference?And BTW, if you can smell a septic installation.....there is something wrong with it.

Thinking the same thing and I was curious last night, so I took a peak on the city mapping system and I was surprised. The main's not far from there at all. Look's quite do-able.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

twobits wrote:Not taking a side here but there is no sanitary sewer at the proposed location either. That also means begs, should it be denied because there isn't? After all, the entire community of Naramata is on septic. So is Kaleden. So is Lakeshore Highlands and Heritage Hills yada yada.

Penticton has a sewer system. Likely a lifting station might be required. A large self contained sewer system for a development can and has been done without issues. The Naramata Inn at the bottom of Robinson is an example.

If one to put a large development say at the old packing house site in Naramata, Sewer/septic is the elephant in the room there.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Drip_Torch wrote:
Thinking the same thing and I was curious last night, so I took a peak on the city mapping system and I was surprised. The main's not far from there at all. Look's quite do-able.

How far is not far? Distance plus works, plus asphalt, plus lift station that requires power and pump maintenance for a 20 room boutique Hotel?? Can't see that as a business plan. Nope, this place will be septic or it will unlikely happen unless the very deep pocketed Holler doesn't give a chit and he has done that before.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”