Garbage dump on green mountain road

sundancer1bc

Garbage dump on green mountain road

Post by sundancer1bc »

Anyone know what's with the two large hills of garbage on green mountain road across from the gravel piles ?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Garbage dump on green mountain road

Post by Queen K »

It's on FN land, they are the "Stewards of the Land." Contact them?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -dump-fees

It's not household garbage, it's demolished old buildings. Let's see how many people can connect the dots here? Then throw in "stewards of the land" have no control over "locatee" owners. Conclusion can only be that "stewards of the land" is not a title embraced by all the membership nor controlled by their governance.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
jccamp95

Post by jccamp95 »

sorry to bring up old news, but noticed a piece of heavy equipment yesterday working on the piles and Global news out front recording.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

jccamp95 wrote:sorry to bring up old news, but noticed a piece of heavy equipment yesterday working on the piles and Global news out front recording.

Guess you could say they were both digging for a story :130: .
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Update:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -to-where-

The Penticton Indian Band has released an official statement regarding the work being done on Adam Eneas' locatee land where a mountain of abandoned trash has sat for over a year that has suddenly been moved and potentially buried.

The PIB has authorized sending a cease-and-desist letter to Eneas. Eneas owns the land privately.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Anonymous123 wrote:Update:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -to-where-

The Penticton Indian Band has released an official statement regarding the work being done on Adam Eneas' locatee land where a mountain of abandoned trash has sat for over a year that has suddenly been moved and potentially buried.

The PIB has authorized sending a cease-and-desist letter to Eneas. Eneas owns the land privately.

Most times that we hear of a story where folks are upset about some questionable activity on PIB lands, the defenders blame it on a "locatee" situation where the Band has no power to stop them. Yet, now the Band orders the activity to cease? I thought they had no power over locatees or is that only when they wish to use that as an excuse not to act. About time that the Band council had complete control over its residents, both good and bad.

IF its true (unproven as yet) that Eneas is indeed burying this trash, the ground water in the entire flat land area could be in jeopardy; this would include Skaha Hills development as they get their water from wells near the airport from what I understand. Wasn't Adam Eneas the chief of the band at one time?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

What? Stewards of the land could not be doing this???
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

twobits wrote:What? Stewards of the land could not be doing this???

Not the Stewards, the Eneas’s.
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jun 27th, 2020, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 28th, 2020, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Privately owned garbage dump, not even an actual landfill site. Curious how far out of Penticton is this foolishness happening.

I remember as kid a another dump out of Enderby towards Ashton Creek, every year when Shuswap river would flood. It would flow through the bottom of this dump, nasty.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Interesting update on the plan in place to sort and dispose of the materials in question. Does NOT sound like it was buried at all. You would think, however that Adam Eneas would inform the band before starting work, just as common courtesy.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... val#303973

I wonder who will pay (and at what rate) to dispose of the materials in the end. If its the Penticton Landfill, I doubt they will give any discounts; would set a dangerous precident.
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

[quote="I wonder who will pay (and at what rate) to dispose of the materials in the end. If its the Penticton Landfill, I doubt they will give any discounts; would set a dangerous precident.[/quote]

Ill give you one guess whose paying.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

twobits wrote:What? Stewards of the land could not be doing this???

No, but whitewashed natives would
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald

Return to “South Okanagan”