Opening fosters job growth

my5cents
Guru

Opening fosters job growth

Post by my5cents »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#221386

Anyone other than me think this is sad, that the opening of a Tim Hortons on band land near Oliver warrants the headline above ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Opening fosters job growth

Post by GordonH »

Prison workers get there own Timmy's
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

That's what you call a slow news day and in the advertising world what they call "Free White Press". Personally, I think any new business should get called out and congratulated on getting up and running. It's not that easy.

Congrats to the team and the builders - they finished on time. I mean, take a look at the Kia dealership in Penticton. They're open, but working out of a portable because they're so far behind on the construction.

So, congrats to all involved in the new Tim's. Good location, easy access, should be good.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Have not bought anything at tims for a long time. Wont be going back anytime soon.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Tony wrote:I mean, take a look at the Kia dealership in Penticton. They're open, but working out of a portable because they're so far behind on the construction.

Ummm? Nissan dealership right? Kia is on Duncan, but I get what you mean.
BTW part of the reason they are behind schedule has a lot to do with the high water table last year.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Sorta missed the point.

"Opening fosters job growth",,,, one donut shop ? Paying minimal wages.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

These are jobs for YOUNG people. When you're 17, a minimum wage job is great news!

It could be worse... Almost one third of all young Italians are out of work (31.5%). More than one fifth of young French people are without a job (21.7%). More than a third of young Spaniards are unemployed (36%). More than a fifth of young Portuguese people are out of work (22.2%). They would LOVE minimum wage jobs to come to them like this!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Glacier wrote:These are jobs for YOUNG people. When you're 17, a minimum wage job is great news!

It could be worse... Almost one third of all young Italians are out of work (31.5%). More than one fifth of young French people are without a job (21.7%). More than a third of young Spaniards are unemployed (36%). More than a fifth of young Portuguese people are out of work (22.2%). They would LOVE minimum wage jobs to come to them like this!

Are they out of work because they won't accept the wages offered or do state sponsored social benefits pay close to the same money? Some perspective might be helpful here.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#222730

The prison is mentioned in the write up. Job Fair anyone? :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

my5cents wrote:"Opening fosters job growth",,,, one donut shop ? Paying minimal wages.

Well it's something where there was nothing before, a small step maybe but a step nonetheless.

If it has a drive through it will be a busy spot, and Gallagher Lake doesn't really have any sort of social gathering spot besides the bar does it?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

JagXKR wrote:
Tony wrote:I mean, take a look at the Kia dealership in Penticton. They're open, but working out of a portable because they're so far behind on the construction.

Ummm? Nissan dealership right? Kia is on Duncan, but I get what you mean.
BTW part of the reason they are behind schedule has a lot to do with the high water table last year.

You both got me confused.

Jag, wrong, Kia is on Duncan and alive and well. Next door is a big addition to Honda being worked on. Maybe that's what you meant? Or not? Tony is right that Nissan is being built across the channel.

Return to “South Okanagan”