Grow op on old mill site

mnprochnau
Banned

Grow op on old mill site

Post by mnprochnau »

Once again I strongly object to any american company entering into our market and making a profit and I don't care if the guys from here. Duncan Gordon is blowing smoke right in the face of the RODS because it all comes down to the bottom line. $$$. The band should just grow their own. Huge fields of it. Truth is medical is like, garbage. No THC just cannabinoids. for whatever they do. There has to be more than a few Canadian investors willing to get in on the ground floor without going south of the line. Seriously our culture is being sold off piece by piece. Surrey Skunk is all but extinct here. Known world wide in the 90's.
Ok so I may be ranting. Final word. Never spend a dime buying MJ again. Anyone. Just grow your own. You will find it to be a pleasure and a very rewarding hobby.
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Grow op on old mill site

Post by alanjh595 »

How about a link to what you are talking about?
Bring back the LIKE button.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

mnprochnau wrote:Once again I strongly object to any american company entering into our market and making a profit and I don't care if the guys from here. Duncan Gordon is blowing smoke right in the face of the RODS because it all comes down to the bottom line. $$$. The band should just grow their own. Huge fields of it. Truth is medical is like, garbage. No THC just cannabinoids. for whatever they do. There has to be more than a few Canadian investors willing to get in on the ground floor without going south of the line. Seriously our culture is being sold off piece by piece. Surrey Skunk is all but extinct here. Known world wide in the 90's.
Ok so I may be ranting. Final word. Never spend a dime buying MJ again. Anyone. Just grow your own. You will find it to be a pleasure and a very rewarding hobby.

Could you please try reposting that comment? But when you do, please do it before the big fatty, not after. Personally I think you are misclassifying Medical MJ as a Cannabinoid only product.
What concerns me about the MJ explosion is what seems to be becoming a huge oversupply by late comers to the party and we are going to see a whole bunch of investors sucked into what will become very high tech abandoned greenhouses.
On the sunny side of that.....when they do, we will have no shortage of locally grown lettuce, tomatoes and peppers grown in some state of the art greenhouses bought out of bankruptcy grown locally!
I am saying this with a serious face too. These multiple announcements of weed facilities concern me. They are far too late to the party to compete with the likes of Aurora or Canopy Growth that already have market valuations in the billions of dollars. Constellation Brands, the owners of Corona, recently bought a huge stake in Canopy Growth. Constellation has a value of 45 billion dollars......Canopy Growth has a value of 4.7 billion and they already have millions of sq ft of greenouses.
How in hades are green houses in Marron Valley, Ok Falls, or the OIB lands going to compete with that?? I think Mr Holler bit of more than he can chew here despite his wealth.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

I agree with Twobits on this,
While these sites will bring jobs to the economy in the building and operation, and probably have a good couple year run, they will eventually lose market share to the coke and pepsi of the MJ business. What we will be left with are great facilities for growing pretty much anything a buyer see's fit.
I see it as a win win.
Williy

Post by Williy »

Fark I need to get in on the green windfall...I've got a great ALR spot for growing, but I'm a virgin in that regard. What I need is a mentor. A mentor with some good strains to start, and teach me the ropes. It's all very exciting times for sure....get in on the ground floor & destined to make more money in retirement than I ever did working for the man all my life. So we're looking for any mentors willing to share their knowledge. Anybody?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Williy wrote:Fark I need to get in on the green windfall...I've got a great ALR spot for growing, but I'm a virgin in that regard. What I need is a mentor. A mentor with some good strains to start, and teach me the ropes. It's all very exciting times for sure....get in on the ground floor & destined to make more money in retirement than I ever did working for the man all my life. So we're looking for any mentors willing to share their knowledge. Anybody?

Sorry dude....you are way too late to the party.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”