Young Stars-The April Fools continues

Rhime

Young Stars-The April Fools continues

Post by Rhime »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -returning

This is a joke right? Good game Penticton...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Young Stars-The April Fools continues

Post by GordonH »

Rhime wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -returning

If you rather them move this to another city, let your feelings be knowing to appropriate people in charge.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Rhime wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/225829/NHL-Young-Stars-returning

I'm confused too. Is it the use of the term "young stars" to describe Canuck prospects why you referenced April fools?
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Rhime

Post by Rhime »

Poindexter wrote:
Rhime wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/225829/NHL-Young-Stars-returning

I'm confused too. Is it the use of the term "young stars" to describe Canuck prospects why you referenced April fools?

Uh, no. The young stars refers to the prospects from Western Canadian NHL teams showing off their skills. Leaving out two very good NHL teams from Alberta and replacing them with "stars" from University teams is imo, the joke and a sad one at that. Obviously, Nuck/Jets fans just shrug their shoulders...
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Rhime wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -returning

Poindexter wrote:I'm confused too. Is it the use of the term "young stars" to describe Canuck prospects why you referenced April fools?

Rhime wrote:Uh, no. The young stars refers to the prospects from Western Canadian NHL teams showing off their skills. Leaving out two very good NHL teams from Alberta and replacing them with "stars" from University teams is imo, the joke and a sad one at that. Obviously, Nuck/Jets fans just shrug their shoulders...

Its up to team where or if they want to join in the tournament. So you will have to direct your question to both or either the Edmonton Oilers & Calgary Flames, why they are not at this years Young Stars Tournament in Penticton.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Obviously, Nuck/Jets fans just shrug their shoulders...

Probably more high-fiving than shrugging since we get to watch our team's young stars play in Penticton. :biggrin:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I've been going faithfully for years.

Big difference now.

Was 4 NHL team rookies, each playing the other three teams. Total of 6 games

Now, 2 NHL team rookies playing each other twice and 2 university teams playing each other twice. Total of 4 games, only 2 of the games involve NHL rookies.

Will be interesting how they price this.

I can see this dwindling to nothing.

Sad

I can see the Flames and Oilers banding together with their two teams and then pressuring the Jets to join in, then the Canucks and bye bye Penticton, thanks for the support.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

my5cents wrote:I've been going faithfully for years.

Big difference now.

Was 4 NHL team rookies, each playing the other three teams. Total of 6 games

Now, 2 NHL team rookies playing each other twice and 2 university teams playing each other twice. Total of 4 games, only 2 of the games involve NHL rookies.

Will be interesting how they price this.

I can see this dwindling to nothing.

Sad

I can see the Flames and Oilers banding together with their two teams and then pressuring the Jets to join in, then the Canucks and bye bye Penticton, thanks for the support.

Should be in Saskatoon
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Will be interesting...

2016 the cost of non-VIP tickets for all 6 games with all NHL rookies was $60 (including all their stupid surcharges)

2017 to cost was $80 (a 33% increase) still 6 games, all NHL rookies. Parking was $10 ! (Avg ticket $13.33)

So any guess what 2 NHL rookie games plus 2 university team games will be ?

Over $40 and they can shove it.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

It seems to me that in the early years of this tournament, San Jose was involved as well. Maybe we'll see them back in the fold in the future, along with teams from Arizona, Vegas and/or Seattle.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Sometimes it's better to pull the plug than let something wither and die in agony.
Won't be getting any of my money this year.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
CTF
Fledgling

Post by CTF »

Two Alberta based NHL teams not wanting to come back to BC. I know many Albertan's these days feeling similar sentiments.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Prior to this tournament teams would do their player evaluations in house i.e "A" squad vs "B" squad.

I highly doubt the Flames & Oilers are playing provincial politics thing.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

my5cents wrote:

I think you are spot on. Calgary has been asking for a rotation for a cpl of years now.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

My understanding is that the teams involved don't see the value in this tournament from a scouting/development standpoint. The Alberta teams would like it in Alberta probably so they can make some money from it, and at least recoup the cost of participating.

I always thought this was a fun thing for fans, but of little value to the organizations involved.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “South Okanagan”