Summerland Mayorality Race

RandyDandy
Fledgling

Summerland Mayorality Race

Post by RandyDandy »

Rumour has it that at this point six individuals will be competing for the top job.
Should be an interesting forum site.
seewood
Guru

Re: Summerland Mayorality Race

Post by seewood »

Me thinks when 6 are going for top job, that is a reflection of the job the current mayor is doing.

Hope whoever gets the top job, they put some money into fixing/ re-paving some of the deplorable roads Summerland has.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
old boy
Fledgling

Post by old boy »

I have heard 4 of the present Councillors are considering a run for Mayor,as has been said,doesnt say much for the record of the present Mayor,which is abysmal at best!!!!!! But having said that,they are all members of his Council,so no bright spots there either,as they are as much to blame!!!
Other than that,who else is in the rumour mill?
Summerland certainly cant afford another 4 years of nothing!!
RandyDandy
Fledgling

Post by RandyDandy »

Perhaps a return to the three year term for council and mayor? It used to be that the third year was the "Lame duck"
year. This council under Waterman has extended this period considerably. I'm not convinced that the public rejection of Banks Crescent or saying "nyet" to the RDOS "composting" project should be taken as council successes. Rainbow sidewalks, bike trails to nowhere and trying to push a $600,000.00 skateboard park pale by comparison. Let the campaigning begin. Remember,
"Stop the swap"?

Return to “South Okanagan”